GNE25JSKCFSS no power to compressor after board replacement

Mrwoods87

Premium Member
Model Number
GNE25JSKCFSS
Brand
GE
Need some help before I pull my hair out! I have a GNE25JSKCFSS that stopped working. Originally I had no power to the evap or condessor fans. But the compressor was running.i ordered a new control board and installed it, now I have no power to the compressor from the board. The evap and condessor fans work, but no water solenoid power or interior lights. The lights will come on for a second with a audio beep then the lights shut off and wont come on. After you initially plug it in. I have checked the door switches theyre not the problem.

So I am kinda stumped, could i have a bad board out of the box? Or is there something I am missing?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Bad board or wrong board. What's the part number of the board you just installed?

Mrwoods87

Premium Member
I ordered a WR55X26586 part number, the original number on the board is different then the one I ordered. But they said it would work. Top is the new board number and the bottom is old

IMG_08451.jpg

Attachments

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
You have the age of the machine listed as less than 1 year. If this is true, stop and call GE. If you attempt a repair you risk losing your warranty.

Check for 120 VAC across the two wires on the compressor.

If the voltage is 0V, replace the board: