• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake

Great site for repairing Microwaves

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
100,645
Location
McMullen Valley, Arizona
Thanks Jzerres for that finding on more microwave help.:)

I keep it stuck at the top of this forum.

Jake
 
Top