• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GSC25C4EYB00 Whirlpool modular ice maker, no water. No continuity from V to N .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Chase

Premium Member
Model Number
GSC25C4EYB00
Brand
Whirlpool
I Have a W10122576 ice maker that never gets water. Testing continuity at points V and N on Ice maker I have no continuity at all. Measuring continuity at solenoid the yellow is 270 ohms and the red is 193 ohms. Jumping L and V does nothing. I monitored voltage across V and N after jumping T and H, the voltage remains at approximately 14 VAC during the entire cycle. Looking at the wiring diagram its either an open connection in ice maker or a open wire/connector in harness. Has anyone ever had this?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Richard, it sounds like you may have broken wires. This has been very common on this model.

Lots of members have found frayed and broken wires causing the ice maker/and or auger motor to be dead. Remove your bottom kickplate grille, Remove the black wire harness loom too, broken wires can be underneath it.

Another member was having a similar problem here: FIXED: GSF26C4EXY02 Whirlpool Gold Ice Maker Problem Look at his post #6 he found frayed and broken wires underneath the freezer door, remove your kickplate and check for that first.

Here's another one with the same thing about the frayed and broken wires: FIXED: 106.51173310 Kenmore elite ice maker not working - no led light

Here's another: FIXED: Whirlpool WSF26C2EXF01 Door Icemaker Not Working

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Richard, sounds good.

Jake

Richard Chase

Premium Member
I would like to thank both Jake and the techs who originally posted this fix. You guys were spot on about the broken wires under the freezer hinge. After the repair I ran the test cycle and was beyond happy to hear the ice maker solenoid energize. And then I found the puddle under the refrigerator. The water line from the solenoid to the door had a crack in the elbow. I ordered the original hose. It has a list price of $49. , it is essentially a 1/4" water line 30.25" long with black pen marks at .66" from each end. They did away with the elbow piece. Live and learn!

Attachments

• Hinge1.jpeg
    Hinge1.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Hinge2.jpeg
    Hinge2.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Hinge3.jpeg
    Hinge3.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Hinge4.jpeg
    Hinge4.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Hinge5.jpeg
    Hinge5.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 154
  • Hinge6.jpeg
    Hinge6.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Hinge7.jpeg
    Hinge7.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 127
  • hosed.jpeg
    hosed.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 123

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Richard, good find. (y)

Here's the water line tubing that goes from the water inlet valve to the ice maker:
WPW10238092 Tube-Water

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.