FIXED GSE26HMEBHES GE SxS Not Running

B Allen

Premium Member
Model Number
GSE26HMEBHES
Brand
GE
I got called yesterday, to a friend of mines house. GE SxS rerigerator, with refrig section at 52° and the freezer section at 12°. Not running and Ice cream getting soft. It is model: GSE26HMEBHES, and it is less than 4 yrs old. By the time I got there, they removed the food, and unplugged from the wall outlet. Pulled the rear cover and plugged it in. Compressor & Cond fan began to run. Pull the PCB cover and found oddities there. Let it run and eventually found the Evap Fan Motor not running. Started removing the evaporator back panel to get at the motor. Got everything out and motor exposed, and all of a sudden the Fan Motor takes off and runs. Observe frost pattern, and it seemed OK for the short period time that it. Looked high & low for the Tech data sheet, and could not find it. Put Evap Cover back on, and told owner to monitor, observe, and report. He called this morning and all seems to be well. Thus, my inquiry is: (A) Where is this Tech Data Sheet normally located, and (B) could someone post or link me to one...??

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I don't have that one. Look behind the lower grill taped to the bottom on the right side or in an envelope taped to the right side or left side.

rickgburton

Staff member
The man! Thanks bb! Here's the main board pinouts for the fan motors and thermistors
WR55X10942-1.jpg
WR55X10942-2.jpg

B Allen

Premium Member
Rick Burton & Big Buck - Thank you for the data. Going back to follow up tomorrow. Thanks again.

B Allen

Premium Member
Add'l question. Does the Evap Fan motor have a "delayed" start due to either Time or Temperature ?

rickgburton

Staff member
The board will delay the start of the evap fan motor after a defrost cycle on most GE models.

B Allen

Premium Member
OK, then other defrost, the fan motor should run, on a call for cooling..?? Thanks

B Allen

Premium Member
As I am working this refrig, it seems to be narrowed down to a "defrost issue". In looking at the defrost circuit, there is a "over limit" (formerly defrost limit). In looking at a parts breakdown, it lists it as WR50X10065. From the research that I have found, it's specifications are L140-30F. Geez, is that right ?? I am accustomed to seeing L45 or L50's. If that L140 is correct, that seems awful high and thus wondering why.

Anyway, the defrost heater and over limit are working, and the FZ & Evap thermistors (WR55X10025) fall within value to the stated chart, thus I am drawing a conclusion the main PCB is bad.

rickgburton

Staff member
B Allen said:
If that L140 is correct, that seems awful high and thus wondering why.
On that model GE refrigerator the evaporator thermistor is used to terminate the defrost cycle. The over temperature thermostat is more of a safety device. If the heater stuck on it wouldn't take very long to reach 140° in that small compartment.

B Allen

Premium Member
Well, I finally got his POS Refrigerator fixed. Chased two issues. (A) The owners kids admitted to leaving the Freezer Door open causing a heavy frosting issue. Too bad that issue was not made known to me prior to all the time invested in chasing this down. (B) The second was an "intermittent" Evap Fan Motor [WR60x10307]. It finally died yesterday. Replaced it. With a clean evaporator and a good fan motor, refrigerator back to normal. Thank God, was tired of working on this demon.