• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GSH25GGCBBB GE Refrigerator Puddle

jprevard

Premium Member
Model Number
GSH25GGCBBB
Brand
GE
Hi,

I occasionally find rather large puddles under my fridge towards the front. The drain pan was empty when I finally checked it, This has been going on for a while. When I search for leak problems online all I get are water source issues, but I don’t have a water source (ice maker, etc.). This must be condensation, right? Or a defrost thing? I’m hoping you guys can tell me what to search for on YouTube or give me some ideas on things to check. TIA!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, its likely your defrost drain hole/line is clogged up, seen this happen many times on my service calls.

Take your food out of the freezer, then take the shelves out too.

Then you need to remove your back panel from inside the freezer, its #214 here:
Then you will look at the very bottom under your very bottom defrost heater#230, you will see the drain trough, it will likely be a solid block of ice, you'll need to defrost that ice with a hair dryer and hot water.

Once all the ice is out, try to run hot water down the defrost drain hole, also run something down the defrost drain hole, like a little roto rooter snake.

I use a evaporator cooler spider snake: http://www.azpartsmaster.com/Products/Cooler-Spider-Snake__CLR4690.aspx

They are used basically in Arizona to clean out the water pump tubes that run to the cooler pads.

I don't know if they would sell them in your area, but if you go to your local hardware store, they should have something similar to run down your drain to clean it completely out.

Let us know how it goes.:)

Jake

jprevard

Premium Member
Thank you Jake, I still haven’t had time to try this. Maybe this weekend or next, thanks again for your advice. I will keep everyone posted.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good, yes let us know how it goes.:)

Jake