• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GSRC3QGZAFBB GE Refrigerator control board question

mikeg66

Premium Member
Model Number
GSRC3QGZAFBB
Brand
GE
My Side by Side fridge suddenly stopped working last night, and after some diagnostics I found that the relay for the evaporator fan had burned out. At least thats what I think. The model number for the board is 1304-03-78 I have also attached a picture of the board for reference. I removed the evaporator and condenser fan and both fans are working fine. I also checked the compressor to ensure there was no short inside of that. This is the extent of what I could find online to check. So I am not really sure at this point what caused the relay to burn out. I am certain the control board needs to be replaced but my concern is that this will happen again on the new board as everything I am reading online says to also replaced the corresponding fan as its likely the culprit that caused the control board to fail.
Can anyone advise if there is something else I should check before installing a new board or can advise if it possible for this control board issue to happen without failure of the corresponding fan

Any help would really be appreciate.

Thanks so much in advance for anyones response.

Attachments

• 20211107_141029.jpg
    20211107_141029.jpg
    613.1 KB · Views: 22

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The evaporator fan motor causes that motherboard to go bad, so you will need to replace both the evaporator fan motor and motherboard at the same time to fix it.

Here's the evaporator fan motor for your model:
Evaporator Fan Motor WR60X10307

This is a Canadian Only GE and the motherboard part number is WR9M525 which I can not get to pull up in the USA, and in Canada it says No Longer Available.

Jake

mikeg66

Premium Member
The evaporator fan motor causes that motherboard to go bad, so you will need to replace both the evaporator fan motor and motherboard at the same time to fix it.

Here's the evaporator fan motor for your model:
Evaporator Fan Motor WR60X10307

This is a Canadian Only GE and the motherboard part number is WR9M525 which I can not get to pull up in the USA, and in Canada it says No Longer Available.

Jake
Thanks for the reply. So even if the fan is still working I should replace it anyway? I removed the fan and connected it to a battery and it is working completely fine.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the reply. So even if the fan is still working I should replace it anyway?
Yes, you have to replace it at the same time you replace the motherboard, or it will take out your new motherboard too.

Jake

mikeg66

Premium Member
Yes, you have to replace it at the same time you replace the motherboard, or it will take out your new motherboard too.

Jake
Ok sounds good.
Also the motherboard part number that you provided is that a replacement model for the older board, when I look up that number the motherboard that comes up does not match the model number of mine. They look the same but just want to confirm before I purchase it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your original motherboard WR9M525 subs to WR01F00221 like @bigbuck mentioned and provided a link to in post #4 above.

Thanks bigbuck!

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Rick, I know what you mean, We seem to be getting a huge spike of Canadian Only home appliances as of late. I don't know why, but they re-opened the border yesterday, maybe that will help? LOL

Jake