• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GSS22JEMDCC Leak on GE Fridge Door

THF

Premium Member
Model Number
GSS22JEMDCC
Brand
GE
Bought this fridge used. Cools and freezes great. However, there is a leak through the door itself just below the water/ice dispenser. (see photos) Obviously, it's been doing it for a while since there is a hole. This may not be worth my time, but I'm taking this on mostly out of curiosity. Is there a way to get to that area and what is going on that makes this happen? And of course how do I stop it? I have shut off the water supply which has stopped the "bleeding".
Fridge Door.jpg
Fridge Blister.jpg

The model is GSS22JEMD

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Leak is likely from dispenser above. Leak has migrated inside the door and rusted a hole through...from the inside out.
You can check the lines inside the dispenser but it would appear the damage is already done :(

This -should- help with access...
http://www.applianceaid.com/ice-dispenser-door-help.php ( I think 3rd one down )

jeff.

THF

Premium Member
Thank you Jeff. It appears I won't be able to get to the water line in the door. Right now I'm not sure where the leak actually is. I'll check it out.

Tom

THF

Premium Member
On closer inspection it looks like the water is collecting just below the tray. The tray itself does not appear to be leaking as there is standing water in it now and it hasn’t been used in over a week or more.

So how do I get below the tray?

977F06E4-7A68-48DA-8A50-9C6028AF58EE.jpeg

Thanks.