• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GSS25IFPEWW GE Water Dispenser Won't Shut OFF!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fish

Premium Member
dispenser and icemaker

Ok, give it 24 hours to start making ice.

Jake

Hello Jake
No ice 2 days later, but the water dispenser is working. Looking at the rear of the fridge, the water supply line to the icemaker only has water in the bottom half of the line.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Msuehrstedt

Premium Member
I have a similar problem. My ice dispenser and water dispenser both run continuously and do shot off when it is unplugged. I have removed the board and the switch and it still runs. any help?

Mark

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
We need the model# of your refrigerator Mark, click here to locate it: Help Me Find My Model Number - RepairClinic.com

So when you unplug your refrigerator the water keeps flowing from the water dispenser? That indicates a bad water inlet valve.

When you unplug your refrigerator the ice dispenser keeps running? Thats something I've never seen happen before, it shouldn't be running with no electricity to the refrigerator.

Jake

Msuehrstedt

Premium Member
The water and ice both stop when unplugged. The model number is PSS26PSSASS. I pull off the rear board cover and the connector on the left side is burned. Looks like I need the harness/plug and a new main board. Do you have part numbers?

Mark

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Msuehrstedt

Premium Member
Do you have a wiring diagram? It is going to take several weeks for the wiring harnass so I would like to trace out the wires.

Mark

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Unfortunately no Mark, GE doesn't make their wiring diagrams available online, you should have one behind the bottom kickplate grille though.

Jake

Msuehrstedt

Premium Member
Jake,

I got the harness today. One of the end is not right at all. The other end looks like the correct connect but it does not have enough wires. Just to verify, I am looking for the connect that connects to the left side bottom of the image you posted.

Mark

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thats odd Mark, thats the harness I show for your model.

Jake

Msuehrstedt

Premium Member
The connector I have uses all but one of the pins, slot number 8 is empty on mine. Do you have one that has more wires coming out. I can always splice the wires. I really just need the connector.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No sorry Mark I don't.

You may want to try an electronics supply store in your area.

Jake

Doug S

Premium Member
I am having the same problem with my GE model number LSS25XSWASS. I purchased it new in 2007. Like others have said, when I pull my glass away the water continues to come out. It doesn't happen all of the time. I have discovered that after I have pulled the glass back if I quickly press in the piece that you press the glass against to initiate the water flow, it will stop. Sometimes I need to press it twice quickly to get the water to stop. Any advice as to what the fix is is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It sounds like the microswitch might be sticking. The best way I can tell you to check it is to listen for the micro switch "click" when you remove the glass.
Interlock Switch WR23X10783 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
Interlock-Switch-WR23X10224--00779153.jpg

It's #72 in this parts break down:
GR708100-00001.jpg

Doug S

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply. I'm away from my home for a few days but I'll give that a try when I return. That seems to make sense though.

How difficult of a do-it-yourself project is it to replace that?

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Not difficult at all. Unsnap the frame and remove a couple screws. Before you do anything, try a shot of WD-40 right on the microswitch. It might work.

Doug S

Premium Member
Not difficult at all. Unsnap the frame and remove a couple screws. Before you do anything, try a shot of WD-40 right on the microswitch. It might work.

So I don't break anything :), are you implying that the frame (I assume you mean the dispensing unit) just pulls out of the door?

Status
Not open for further replies.