• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GSS25IFPEWW GE Water Dispenser Won't Shut OFF!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesbong

good afternoon Jake I'm having this same problem with my GE, water keeps dispensing and when I unplug it water is still running. the only way it will stop is if the filter is remove.
The model number is GE GSS25JFMCWW. Also can you please direct me on how to install the valve if that is the problem.

Thanks
Bong

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

PghMike

Premium Member
Hi, I've got the same situation with my Kenmore model #106.56533400. We sometimes have water pressure surges in our house, and the last time this happened, I dispensed water and it just kept on dispensing. Unplugging the fridge did not stop the water. Only shutting off the water valve stopped it. Ideas?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Replace the water valve. Here's the one for your model:
Water Inlet Valve W10408179 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
Water-Inlet-Valve-W10408179-01289314.jpg

chrisdgregoryva

Premium Member
Hi Jake. What if my GE Hotpoint water dispenser is just dripping for a minute or two after getting some water? Is that indicative of something wearing out and getting ready to start pouring out more water?

My model number is HSS25GFPAWW

Chris

rickgburton

Staff member
It sounds like you need to change out the water valve. Over time the solenoid coils get weak and the water pressure is enough to hold the needle valve open for a few seconds when it shuts off. Now it's closing slowly. Eventually it won't close all the way and continue to drip or even stick open and cause a flood. That usually happens when you're gone for a weekend or on vacation...lol. Replace the water valve and that should fix the problem.

Water Inlet Valve WR57X10032 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
Water-Inlet-Valve-WR57X10032-00802915.jpg

radman2008

Premium Member
No because the water should have stopped when you unplugged the refrigerator.

You will need a new water inlet valve, whats the model# of your refrigerator?

Click here to locate it:
Help Me Find My Model Number - RepairClinic.com

Jake

Water running and won't shut off......
GE Model PSC23SGRBSS

No problems until yesterday when my wife changed the water filter. As usual she runs water into a pitcher for a while and pouring the dispensed water into potted plants. This time after about 2 plant runs with the water she's calling for me because when she came back water is all over the floor and the water dispenser is stuck on.
I just pulled out the unit and turned off the water valve. I asked for specific details from her but other than the usual air sounds she didn't know what to report. She pulled the new filter and reinstalled the old but the problem persisted. The ice dispenser worked fine. (so I'm guessing it's not the microswitch on the dispenser?)

Unfortunately it wasn't for hours later when I found your report to pull the power cord to see if it keeps running. Now 12 hours later with the water off, I turned the water back on and when I try dispensing water, you hear something engage in the back of the unit but no water dispenses. I pulled the filter. (it seems to drip continuously) Activated the dispenser to see if water was going into the filter. Same sound from the back but no water out of the filter. (maybe it knows the filter isn't there and doesnt allow water flow?) Finally I tested the continuity on the solenoids on the fill valve. They both go to almost zero on the analogue meter.
I wanted to check the dispenser microswitch but with 4 hours of looking online - I can't find anything on how to remove the SS cover to get to the dispenser. All show a different model that you either pull the panel out from the bottom or using a screwdriver pop 2 lower tabs off the frame. I gently tried the first but mine isn't like that and I wasn't going to start with a screwdriver on SS until I found definitive instructions for this model.

So with power & water back on - I press the dispenser and get a hum out of the back but no water. I press ice and get ice. What do you suggest? Colin

Last edited:

rickgburton

Staff member
Did you set the "horrid shrill" switch to "OFF"....,.LOL. Can you tell where the noise is coming from? After you installed the new valve did you bleed the air out of the system? Is the water pressure out of the dispenser good? See if you can pin point the location of the noise.

radman2008

Premium Member
Ha! Thank you for the response.....

Also thinking it might be air, I took off the filter and ran a lot of water. The water pressure is good out of the dispenser. My next step was to pull it off and drain tubes and reinstall.

Location. It sounds like it is in the valve but i've not pulled the unit out to check.

rickgburton

Staff member
Pull it away from the wall and see if a water line is kinked. A kinked water line might cause that noise.

rma127

Premium Member
Hi. I'm a new member, i have been reading through trying to find a solution to a problem with my Hotpoint HSM25GFTA.

The Water filter was old and needed replacing. I put one in last week and since installing it noticed that the output from the dispenser is very low. And...that after dispensing water the water continues to run for a few seconds after removing the cup. I changed the switch last year.
Today i decided to remove the filter and put the dummy plug in to see if the running dispenser was related to the low water pressure. I removed the filter and water ran continuous out of the filter attachment. I pulled the fridge away from the wall and unplugged it(electric cord)....water continued to run out of the filter attachment. So i turned off the water at the wall and obviously it stopped.
So based on what i have been reading here, could it be a bad water valve? Sticking on?

Thanks in advance.

wctccol

Water Running at dispenser

My water is running at the dispenser and will not shut off after I turn off the power. It will turn off if I take out the frig filter which is inside the frig. This water challenge is new today and I replaced the filter yesterday.

Is this also a water inlet valve problem? GE Profile PSS26NH OR PSS26SH.

Thx

rickgburton

Staff member
That's what it sounds like. Your machine uses the same valve that's in the link above your post.

rma127

Premium Member
Hello. I have one additional problem with my HSM25GFTASA

My Freezer seems to go through some cycle where it works fine(freezing), but then it goes through another cycle where it thaws out, and everything in the freezer compartment gets wet, the ice in the icemaker starts to melt, the sides of the freezer compartment gets all wet, and then after a period of time (half hour or so) it freezes again and now all the ice in the dispenser is frozen. Obviously not a good situation for the freezer items, we had to remove everything from the freezer and put in our old freezer in the garage to prevent the freezing and thawing. Can you please help me identify what part might be the culprit?
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.