• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GSS25IFPEWW GE Water Dispenser Won't Shut OFF!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Here's the parts you need. Read this: GE SXS Plastic/Metal liner Motherboard/Evaporator Fan Motor

Main Control Board WR55X10942P Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
Main-Control-Board-WR55X10942-01091473.jpg

Fan Motor WR23X10467 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
Fan-Motor-WR23X10467--01686671.jpg

MitchLT

I'm having the same problem and when it first happened, we discovered that if you pull the activation plate out with your finger the flow of water or ice stops. Do I still need to go thru all the suggestions in the thread?

killerfraug

Premium Member
Looks like I am in a similar place as the others here. Our water dispenser just won't stop running. It has done it a couple times in the past but would stop when hitting the flapper a couple times. But today, it just would not quit until we shut off the water. Pushing the ice buttons, opening the door, unplugging it did do anything. The only fix was shutting off the water. I can turn the water back on without it running, but as soon as I hit the flapper it won't stop again. It's a GE PSHS9PGZBCSS. Could this be the water valve assembly like the other people's?

Thanks for any help.

Matt

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Connect your meter to the coil on the water valve. When you press the lever on the dispenser your meter should indicate 120 VAC. When you release the lever your meter should indicate 0 VAC. If the voltage readings are correct, replace the water valve. If your meter indicates 120 VAC after you release the lever, replace the microswitch in the dispenser (try a little WD40 on the switch).
Water Inlet Valve WR57X10032
Water-Inlet-Valve-WR57X10032-00802894.jpg

killerfraug

Premium Member
Thanks Rick. I don't have a volt meter, so I am just going to take a shot with the water inlet valve. Seems more like it's that than the microswitch. Wouldn't the ice dispenser just keep running if the switch were bad? (Just my guess.)

killerfraug

Premium Member
Thanks again, Rick. The inlet valve was the problem. It also fixed the ice maker which we had shut off a while ago because it was overflowing and making an ice waterfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.