Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc D

Premium Member
Model Number
GSS25LGMF
Brand
GE
I have a GE GSS25LGMF and the ice dispenser door won't close all the way. If I tap it, it will close. Can you help?

Thanks, Marc

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Marc D

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
that link doesn't seem to work. It says the site has been suspended. Is there anywhere else I can see these pictures?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I forgot, Jeff said he had to move the photos to another server, Here's the photo's from the achieves: http://www.applianceaid.com/gethroughdoor.html

GE's newest SxS refrigerator dispenser.
Small flat screwdriver to pry/ease the bottom part of the key panel loose and out towards you...

The key panel will come out towards you and ( with power off ) the wires are easy to unplug...

Remove 4 star screws...

The whole assy will easily come out towards you...

You are there...

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Marc, good job fixing it.:)

Jake

Terry K

Jake,
Thanks to you and Jeff for the pictures. Gave me the confidence to tackle my stuck ice door. A little WD-40 and it seems to be working fine now but see it will be easy to replace the solenoid if necessary.
Terry

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Terry, good job.:)

Jake

boxer

Premium Member
Remove dispenser flap & chute

Will the diagrams and steps shown here also work for an Arctica Model PSS25SGNABS with a stainless door? I tried prying off the control panel (I think it's called the interface) as shown in the diagram above, but it doesn't want to come out and I'm afraid of snapping something. Do I need to remove the big black cover (Moulding) that goes around the whole dispenser on the door first?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

boxer

Premium Member
OK, I dd figure it out (with help from searching the Internet). On this model, there are 3 small holes under the touch screen (interface panel), about 1 inch apart. The midlle one is blank, but you need to put a small (narrow) tool (such as a jewelers's screwdriver) in the other two and push up carefully, that releases plastic catches. Then the panel comes out as in the pictures above.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, I wasn't sure myself on yours.

Jake

boxer

Premium Member
Here are a couple of pictures that might help the next person trying to do this. The second picture shows the 3 holes from below. By the way, no need to remove the black trim moulding (escutcheon) that goes around the entire dispenser.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks boxer for the pictures to help others as well.:)

Jake

rojafri

Jake...I registered just to say thanks for those photos....even the Best buy repair guys said the dispenser was unopenable...friggin idiots...after years when I finally opened it up thanks to yr photos, there was black mold all over !! I curse the goddamn fridge makers and Best buy people for not warning us about this ..it is not even in the manual. I'm a techie, and if it took me years to figure out there must be mold lurking behind the front panel, I pity the others who dont bother about what they cannot see. Thanks again !

Raj

gcbakop

Premium Member
Just like rojafri above, I want to thank you for the great pictures. I have a GE Model: GSS25WGMCWW and it is pretty much the same. I found mold also and the relay was rusted with stains all over the area. The fridge is almost 10 yrs pld and I lived with the "problem" without knowing for 2-3 yrs. The pictures were excellent help!
The only problem I have: I was not able to snap the front panel (with the buttons!) back in place 100%...maybe 98% :)
I made sure there were any of the wires in place, they all seemed out of the way. Is there any trick I/we should know??
Thank you!!
George

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't know of any tricks to snap it back in place, you can try to tap it back in place.

Jake

gcbakop

Premium Member
Still getting frost inside

I don't know of any tricks to snap it back in place, you can try to tap it back in place.

Jake
I changed the solenoid, but I still get frost inside the freezer. Do you think replacing the "Ice dispenser damper door" might do the trick? It's the original, almost 10 yrs old...but looks good.
Thank you!

gcbakop

Premium Member
Replacing the damper door

Thank you for the info, Jake.
I had the flapper ordered along with the solenoid :)
But I got lazy/scared in case I would break those little "hooks" onit.
But, now I can see, even if I break them, they are part of the flapper...that will be thrown out.
I'll try to heat it up with a hair dryer...it might make it simper.
Thank you again!

George B.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.