Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok George, sounds good, keep us posted.

Jake

gcbakop

Premium Member
The old flapper

In case anyone is waiting with baited breath:
I did not have to replace the flapper. All by itself it is closing tight and no frost is forming inside. Maybe the relay-flapper linkage worked a kink out, but it's at least three weeks now and no frost inside.
Thank you Jake for all your assistance. The great pics did the trick!!
I'm supposed to help a neighbor now, with the same problem: replace the solenoid!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

headpaneer

Premium Member
Hi Marc,

Its likely your ice door solenoid is sticking and will need to be replaced.

Here is a link to help you access it, read last paragraph, where it says:GE's newest SxS refrigerator dispenser.
ge doors, through the door ice and water dispensor, GE fridge, breakdowns for GE ice dispensors

Here is the dispenser solenoid for your model you can order:
Dispenser Solenoid WR62X10055

Jake
Will this solenoid and flapper door work for a PSI235GMD as well or are they different part numbers?

headpaneer

Premium Member
Of course, thanks. It has been a while since going through this process to find parts. Repairlinic.com shows the solenoid to be the same. This has been the least troublesome issue with this fridge (I have repaired four other things:mad:) but I really should address it now.

gcbakop

Premium Member
I suspected that much...same part number!
I did not change the flapper - as I was planning initially.
Once the solonoid/flapper linkage got itself "corrected" it seems to be working fine. No fine frost in the freezer side.

mam

Premium Member
Hi -
Thank you so much for this valuable information. I was able to fix our ice dispenser - well, my husband held the flashlight :) - and everything is working well now. You saved me a service call from GE. I have to add, when I went to get the part the man at the shop asked me if I was sure this was the right part - because electronics aren't returnable - and I told him about your online repair guide. He said, skeptically, "You believe everything you see on the internet?" I told him I believed you and I said if the part didn't work I would use it as a paperweight. :) Perhaps I'll give him a link to your site... Thanks again!
Mary Ann

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hahaa, apparently the man at the shop doesn't know all the good knowledge we have amassed here for 7 yrs. on our forum.:)

Good job Mary Ann.:)

Jake

98052 Family

Premium Member
Ok, I forgot, Jeff said he had to move the photos to another server, Here's the photo's from the achieves: Ice Dispenser Door Help | Appliance Aid

GE's newest SxS refrigerator dispenser.
Small flat screwdriver to pry/ease the bottom part of the key panel loose and out towards you...

The key panel will come out towards you and ( with power off ) the wires are easy to unplug...

Remove 4 star screws...

The whole assy will easily come out towards you...

You are there...

Jake
Hi Jake thanks so much for the pictures it help me take the panel out for clean the parts because was full with plack stuff looks like mold well i think was mold...anyways I neel HELP with 2 springs that came out loose when i was taking the parts out I was so exicited that i did not paid attention were was coming from.
1 is bigger and the other one small.
Please help me
Thank You so much
Kenya

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I only see 1 spring.

Look at this video, put it full screen at the highest quality and stop the video at 1:09 and you will see it on the left side of the door flapper.

[video=youtube;cf7iDY4LmK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cf7iDY4LmK8[/video]

98052 Family

Premium Member
yeah the ONE i got it.
Now is the one on the first part the come out the dispenser I took all the parts out so I guess this one goes on the part the we press gor the ice water come out I have a picture soon I get home I will post thanks so much for your help

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I will need to see a picture of what your talking about.

Jake

98052 Family

Premium Member
Hi Jake so is the part #74?? Where it goes
I took every part from the #58 now i dont know hoe to put back
Try to watch many videos but they dont show all the parts
So basically I cant put anything togheter on the main part the #58
Thanks

Attachments

98052 Family

Premium Member
how to replace Torsion-Fit Spring ge refrigerator ?
So i guess i found the name for the part
the diagram really do not help me so hopefully you can
Again Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Oh boy, I really can't remember without seeing how it was installed first, its been about 7 years since I worked on this particular model.

You'll likely need to get a local GE tech. to come out, they do plenty of these on a daily basis.

Jake

gcbakop

Premium Member
My experience...2 yrs later

Back after 2 years of 'happiness':
I think it's always a good idea when replacing the solenoid, to replace the Dispenser Door Flap also.

It is an easy operation and the part - Dispenser Door Flap - Manufacturer Number WR17X11653 <---Video Included

I just replaced mine and there is no more 'fine' icing inside the freezer, around the ice dispensing opening!!!

BTW, if you dispense ice cubes and the flap remains open for 2-3 seconds after you released the actuator, that means the solenoid is still good!
Just change the flap. But...since you will go thru all the steps to get in there, might as well replace the flap AND the solenoid (or vice versa:)

The GE Refrigerator Dispenser Parts can be found at: http://www.repairclinic.com/GE-Refrigerator-Dispenser-Parts

Thank you for your help Jake.

George B., Brighton, Michigan

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent George, good job.:)

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.