• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GSS25PSMFBS GE Side By Side leaking in Freezer

dempc6469

Premium Member
Model Number
GSS25PSMFBS
Brand
GE
I originally thought this was the ice maker itself that had the problem (model WR30X10012 ). I replaced the ice maker yesterday with WR30X10093. It slowly started making ICE during the day last Sunday with no more leaking. We woke up to a flooded house this morning.

Trying to diagnose the problem now, I turned the water back on and even with the ice maker turned off the water tube inside the freezer (that fills the ice maker) just keeps flowing. It will not stop until I turn off my water. I'm wondering if I have some kind of compounded problem where both the ice maker and whatever mechanism STOPs the flow of water, after it fills the ice maker, are both bad. I suspect that mechanism is hung in the on position somehow, allowing water to continuously flow.

I completely removed the ice maker and the motor that stirs the ice and the water still pours out when turned on. Picture attached of the tube in the freezer where the water is coming out of.

Attachments

• FreezerLeak.jpeg
    FreezerLeak.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 17

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, that indicates the water inlet valve is the problem, its not closing all the way to stop the water flow. The only fix is replacing it.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model you can order:
Water Inlet Valve WR57X10032

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good, yes keep us posted.

Jake

dempc6469

Premium Member
@Jake - well that did the trick. I installed some water sensors while I was at it. Floods are no fun! Thanks for the great help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @dempc6469 glad to hear the new water inlet valve fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake