• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GSS25WGPDBB GE Refrigerator - Small Water Dripping

maverickfhs

Premium Member
Model Number
GSS25WGPDBB
Brand
GE
Happy Holidays everyone, so our fridge has been running well.

But now noticed another issue, being hardwood floor saw small dripping of water on the wood.

If I am standing in front of the back, it's right below bottom left corner, could it be solenoid water valve leaking? I have not opened the back cover yet, will inspect after it.

For the time being, if I disable water connection, would it fix the leak issue? Thank you all.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You will need to pinpoint exactly where the water is dripping from, take a photo of where you see it dripping at too please, and upload it here.

Yes, turn the water supply off to your refrigerator to keep it from dripping.

Jake

maverickfhs

Premium Member
Thank you Jake, water is leaking from the solenoid - now I want to completely remove water supply to the fridge which I can easily do it after removing water line to the fridge.

Problem is, even if I turn the supple line completely off, still water is dripping - can I plug it completely?

maverickfhs

Premium Member
Okay so this issue is solved, how should I remove this steel braided line from the fridge side? It looks like a compression fitting.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thank you Jake, water is leaking from the solenoid - now I want to completely remove water supply to the fridge which I can easily do it after removing water line to the fridge.

Problem is, even if I turn the supple line completely off, still water is dripping - can I plug it completely?

Just tighten it there and the leak should stop.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Okay so this issue is solved, how should I remove this steel braided line from the fridge side? It looks like a compression fitting.

Just get another braided water supply line, no need to combine the two.

Jake