FIXED GSS26C4XXY00 whirlpool not dispensing ice - motor replaced

wpodolak

Premium Member
Model Number
GSS26C4XXY00
Brand
Whirlpool
Had problems with both ice maker and dispenser. Replaced ice maker and that now works. Dispenser was erratic before and now does not function even though auger motor was replaced. When calling for cubes door does open but no auger motor rotation. Trying to get to control board but not able to remove. Are step by step instructions available? The part with the levers is now loose but cant be removed. Was able to extract lower portion of trim but top remains around display. Any suggestions appreciated. Water dispensing is fine.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

wpodolak

Premium Member
Tried pushing up, down, and in on these with no success. Any further hints would be appreciated.

Thanks

rickgburton

Staff member
That's how it comes apart. I don't know what else to tell you. Maybe take some pictures and post them here so I can take a look.

wpodolak

Premium Member
Now that the backordered control panel has arrived and installed - still no ice dispensing. Ice maker replaced and that problem solved and dispenser motor also replaced but does not operate even with new control board. Any suggestions - don't know whats left to replace?

rickgburton

Staff member
Sorry my friend, I thought you were going to replace the control board and you were trying to remove the dispenser board to check it. On the main control board behind the machine, check fo about 140 VDC P13-1 to P13-2 when you press the ice dispenser pad. If you have problems getting your meter leads into the connector use this trick:
safety pin trick.jpg

WPW10235488 Control Elec
whirlpool-cntl-elek-gf-wpw10235488-ap6017470_01_m.jpg

wpodolak

Premium Member
Found the problem by reviewing related posts. Held the ice dispenser paddle while jiggling the wires in harness exiting the freezer door and got intermittent dispensing of ice. Will track down the broken wire in the harness

rickgburton

Staff member
Check the pins in the connectors and see if they are starting to back out of the connectors. That's common on some of those models.