• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake

GT4175SPS3 Whirlpool built in microwave issues

Srr123

Premium Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2017
Messages
2
Location
Austin
Model Number
GT4175SPS3
Brand
Whirlpool
Age
1-5 years
My built in microwave stopped working suddenly. No display. Nothing happens when I open the door or press any keys. I took it out and plugged into a different socket. It worked but started begging oddly. It keeps working even when I switch off or open the door. Every time I want to use it, I unplug keep the item in the microwave, plug it in, cook it, unplug it, takeout the item. How can I fix this?

Thanks for your inputs
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
100,741
Location
McMullen Valley, Arizona

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
100,741
Location
McMullen Valley, Arizona
Thanks,

It sounds like the door switches have gone sour.

Jeff and Rick are the microwaves experts, Jeff helped on a similar model here: Whirlpool Gold GT4175SPB2 wont turn on

Your model uses the exact same door switches Jeff posted in post #2.

Read the link he mentions to ohm test them.

Jake
 
Top