GTD45EASJ2WS GE Dryer side vent kit

Bfff1616

Premium Member
Model Number
GTD45EASJ2WS
Brand
GE
Good morning all,

I have a new GE electric dryer, Model #GTD45EASJ2WS that i need to get a side ventilation kit for. I was given P/N WE16X29317. Is this correct? I only question this because when i spoke to GE when i bought the dryer, they told me they were sending what i needed and all i got was an Elbow and flex ducting.

Thanks,
Bill

Bfff1616

Premium Member
Thanks for the info about the tape Bigbuck, i will get some. Do you happen to know where i can get the side vent kit from? I believe the p/n, WE16X29317, is a universal installation kit. Any help in getting me to the right place where i can purchase it is appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Nothing pulls up for part number WE16X29317

Where did you buy this dryer at? You'll need to have the sales person you bought it from order you that side vent kit.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Bfff1616

Premium Member
Hi Jake.
It was bought at our local Lowe's and the salesman contacted GE directly before we completed the purchase and the GE rep on the phone sold us what we were told was what was required to install the dryer. We specifically bought this one due to the side installation option. Well the items GE sent are a 90 degree elbow, what looks to be an exterior mount due to flanges on the elbow, and a vent hose kit with clamps. I had the local appliance installer come out today to do the hook up when he told me we had the wrong parts to do it. His company is the one that gave me the part number i listed that i'm looking for. Hence my current dilemma, the installer told me it's not a repair part so they can't order it and i have to.
Any other advice after reading this?

Thanks again, Bill

Bfff1616

Premium Member
Ok, so i saw that in the installation manual and so did the installer. So basically use the vent pipe in there, cut it to the dimension listed, i guess with the elbow they sent? and use the balance of the vent pipe to exit the side of the dryer?