• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GTW460ASJ4WW no lights and no controls after replacing fried control board

stnorton

Premium Member
Model Number
GTW460ASJ4WW
Brand
GE
I replaced the control board after finding that it had several burned components. After installing the new one, the front controls and lights are still unresponsive. There is a blinking green LED on the back side of the board, so I know it has power. Is there anything else I should check?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

All new GE washer control boards come with instructions to set the personality ID, If you don't not set the personality ID per your model number, it will not work.

Did you not get the instructions with the new control board? Look in the bottom of the box it came in, or under the cardboard box fold.

Your personality ID is 11--->GTW460**J1 / J3 / J4 / J5 / J6

Here's the control board for your model:

I'm attaching the instructions to set it.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Attachments

• GE_Control_Programming.pdf
    561.9 KB · Views: 32

stnorton

Premium Member
Hi,

All new GE washer control boards come with instructions to set the personality ID, If you don't not set the personality ID per your model number, it will not work.

Did you not get the instructions with the new control board? Look in the bottom of the box it came in, or under the cardboard box fold.

Your personality ID is 11--->GTW460**J1 / J3 / J4 / J5 / J6

Here's the control board for your model:

I'm attaching the instructions to set it.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake
Thanks for the response Jake. I did get the instructions, however, the LEDs buttons and dials on the front panel do not function so I'm not even able to set the personality ID. I'm suspecting a DOA control board.