• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GTW460ASJ6WW GE Washer Error Code Help

Mitchell1

Premium Member
Model Number
GTW460ASJ4WW
Brand
GE
Hello,

I am receiving error codes 7 and 26 on my GE Deep Fill washer. I have ran diagnostic tests on all systems and everything seemed to pass including the spin and drain pump diagnostic test. I have cleared the faults and after a cycle the codes reappear.

The washer will not properly rid the clothes of water after a cycle, as if the drain and spin cycle isn’t doing anything. Next, I’ll select the drain and spin cycle after a normal washing cycle and it fills with water, drains and spins (kinda) but I’m right back to where I started. A load of completely soaked clothes that I can’t put in the dryer.

You help and insight is much appreciated.

Model # GTW460ASJ4WW
Serial # FG900961G

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds like either the control board or speed sensor.

Here's the service manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FiXXV68WvPZ4ukyUXtY7PGIV2C8bpVkK/view?usp=sharing

Here's the control board for your model:

The speed/hall sensor can be diagnosed two ways:

1-Enter the Service Mode and Run the Spin Test
If the speed/hall sensor is bad or disconnected, the basket will start to spin normally at first. After 5 seconds, motor power will be stopped and a locked rotor fault will be set. If the washer continues to spin for at least 15 seconds, the
speed/hall sensor is good.

2- Test the voltage
From connector pins 3 through 5 on the J602 connector should read approximately 9 VDC. Pins 1 through 5 should read approximately 4.5 VDC while rotating the basket .

Here's the hall/speed sensor for your model:
WH12X26329 Sensor Speed

Jake

Mitchell1

Premium Member
Sounds like either the control board or speed sensor.

Here's the service manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FiXXV68WvPZ4ukyUXtY7PGIV2C8bpVkK/view?usp=sharing

Here's the control board for your model:

The speed/hall sensor can be diagnosed two ways:

1-Enter the Service Mode and Run the Spin Test
If the speed/hall sensor is bad or disconnected, the basket will start to spin normally at first. After 5 seconds, motor power will be stopped and a locked rotor fault will be set. If the washer continues to spin for at least 15 seconds, the
speed/hall sensor is good.

2- Test the voltage
From connector pins 3 through 5 on the J602 connector should read approximately 9 VDC. Pins 1 through 5 should read approximately 4.5 VDC while rotating the basket .

Here's the hall/speed sensor for your model:
WH12X26329 Sensor Speed

Jake

Mitchell1

Premium Member
Jake,

Thanks for the reply. I have run the speed test and the test lasted longer than 15 seconds. With that and your reply I can assume the speed hall sensor is good. I’ll test the voltage next to be sure. Is there a way to test the control board to be certain it’s the culprit?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then the speed sensor should be fine.

Is there a way to test the control board to be certain it’s the culprit?
No, not that I'm aware of unfortunately.

Does the water drain out full force when it does? Time how long it takes to drain, normal would be under 90 seconds.

If its draining fine, then chances are the control board is the issue.

Jake