• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GTWN3000M0WS GE Washer Leaking Water

maverickfhs

Premium Member
Model Number
GTWN3000M0WS
Brand
GE
Good Day everyone, here is the model: GTWN3000M0WS and Serial number: GV135757G. Could anyone please confirm the age of it?

Noticed a water leak underneath the washing machine, disassembled the front panel and seeing water pump was not completely drained.

Removed the pump, have cleaned it thoroughly and now planning to install it back. Pump is showing around 25-27 ohms resistance between the terminals.

Question is, could it be something else besides the pump? Also when I shake the drum, hearing some water sloshing, is it normal? Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
There will always be water in the drain pump, that's normal.

could it be something else besides the pump?
Yes, you will need to pinpoint where the leak is coming from while the washer is running, if its not leaking from the drain pump.

Also when I shake the drum, hearing some water sloshing, is it normal?
Yes, that's normal, its balancing fluid they use.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake

maverickfhs

Premium Member
I think it is leaking from the tub seal, is it worth fixing it? Or just put a washer tub underneath it and just let it run until it dies?

Another thing, I think machine is extremely loud during spin cycle, is it because of bearing being shot due to water leak or it's normal for this type of machine to be loud? Thank you Jake.

Attachments

• 20210826_202148.jpg
    20210826_202148.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210826_200948.jpg
    20210826_200948.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 25

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I agree with it leaking from the tub seal. Its up to you if you want to fix it or not. The parts are not that expensive, but getting the parts loose to replace them might be a challenge in itself because after 10 years part tend to stick in place and you have to use a hammer and Chesil to break them free.

Here's the tub seal for your model:
Tub Seal WH02X10383

Video Included in part link.

Another thing, I think machine is extremely loud during spin cycle, is it because of bearing being shot due to water leak or it's normal for this type of machine to be loud?
Yes, you are absolutely right!

Here's the tub bearing for your model:
WH2X1198 Tub Bearing

Video Included in part link.

Jake

maverickfhs

Premium Member
Thank you for all the help Jake. Based on some of my initial research and as you have stated, it can be a bear cracking some of these parts open due to rust and all. So will have to make a call if it's worth repairing or no?

Stay safe and thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
With the rust too, I would save the repair money and go washer shopping, all appliance stores have started their Annual Labor Day Sales, now is a good time to buy.

We recommend Maytag, Whirlpool, Speed Queen.

Jake