• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GTWN4250D1WS GE hydro wave washing machine no spin

bryan1

Premium Member
Model Number
GTWN4250D1WS
Brand
GE
I have a GE washing machine which will not spin. The led on the motor indicates everything is normal. When I do the field service mode. Ia the control panel, in position 2 there are 2 lights on, the soak and the wash led. The paper I found behind the control panel shows error code thermistor for the wash led and error code slow pump for the wash led. Any idea what this would be likely to mean?
My door lid switch is working. I checked the continuity on it. I also did a voltage test on the J7 connector on the control board and down at the motor as well. The red to blue voltage was 12.78 volts dc at both locations. The voltage on red to yellow did fluctuate but I’m not sure what the proper reading is. At the circuit board the red to yellow fluctuated between 0 to 2.5 volts dc. At the motor, the red to yellow voltage was fluctuating but didn’t go much above 1 volt. I had cut the power between tests though so that may have caused the variance.

bryan1

Premium Member
When retesting red to yellow on the J7 connector without cutting off the power, the voltage fluctuated but was only between .55 to .76 dc volts

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I also did a voltage test on the J7 connector on the control board and down at the motor as well. The red to blue voltage was 12.78 volts dc at both locations. The voltage on red to yellow did fluctuate but I’m not sure what the proper reading is. At the circuit board the red to yellow fluctuated between 0 to 2.5 volts dc. At the motor, the red to yellow voltage was fluctuating but didn’t go much above 1 volt.
Yes, you nailed it! Bad motor.

If the steady and pulsing voltages are OK at the Control Board J7 Connecter, disconnect the communication harness at the Motor and check the Motor harness connecter for the same voltages found at the Control Board.
If voltages are OK at the Motor harness connecter, replace the Motor.

Here's the motor for your model you can order:
WH20X10094 Motor and Inverter Asm

Jake