• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GTWN4450M1WS GE Washer - Motor RED LED 6 Flashes

coryjfowler

Premium Member
Model Number
GTWN4450M1WS
Brand
GE
What's the model number of yours?
I decided to make a new thread for this instead of go off topic on that thread.

This Saturday, I came to my machine with my towels still pretty soaking wet. I put the dial in spin/drain and pressed the button, but it never went into spin mode, drain pump was going strong. I uplugged the machine and did the lid lift reset bit a few times, but every time resulted in the motor shooting out the 6 flash pattern. I put the system into field service mode which allowed me to confirm the shifter does disengage the agitator from the wash basket as well as all other system functions other than spin and agitate working. I have a motor on the way with a deliver estimate of Friday, but the electronics repair technician in me wants to repair the control board to act as either a spare down the road or who knows.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Cory,

6 flashes – This means that the motor cannot turn. Clear the code and if the problem still exists follow these instructions. To check, this first remove the belt and attempt to turn the big pulley. If it turns freely both ways replace the motor. If the big pulley, is stuck the shifter needs to be replaced.

To clear the error code, turn the washer off. Then disconnect power for about 20 seconds. Next, reconnect power then open and close the lid five or more times within 12 seconds in the first 30 seconds of power-up.

Here's the motor for your model:
Drive Motor WH20X10066

This video shows you how to replace it:

Let us know how it goes.

the electronics repair technician in me wants to repair the control board to act as either a spare down the road or who knows.
I don't know of a way to do that.

Jake