• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GTWN5650F1WS GE Hydrowave Washer Spinning Issue

nikkiesau750

Premium Member
Model Number
GTWN5650F1WS
Brand
GE
Hi! I'll try to give as much detail as I can.
I recently noticed that when I started a laundry load, I'd come back and the water would be drained, the machine off and the clothes still wet in the machine and no spinning had happened. Tried again and again, same thing. The cycle will run through until the first drain and spin. Unit will drain and then I can hear it "try" to begin the spin. It will try for a minute or two and then the entire unit will completely shut off.
I've done the motor reset with the lid trick and I can then select drain and spin and it will work perfectly. It spins just fine. When I try to do another load however, it will again get to the first spin and shut off.
Lid switch seems to be working fine. I've checked all hoses and I can't find any blockages. Please help!

nikkiesau750

Premium Member
Hi again.Still trying to figure out the issue but am leaning towards a possible faulty water level pressure switch? I started a new load a bit ago and when I came in to check it, the water level was way higher than I've ever seen it before. :/

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds like possibly your water level switch hose came out of place or is partially clogged at the air dome, When you click the part link to it below, there is a video that shows you how to access it to make sure both sides of it are connected. That hose connects to your water level pressure switch nipple, then it runs down to the bottom of your outer tub assembly(air dome) and connects to its nipple.

Here's the water level pressure switch hose for your model:
WH41X365 Pressure Switch Hose

Video to access it is in the part link.

If your water level pressure switch hose is good and clear, then check your Pressure Sensor, Look on Page 4 to test that. I'm attaching your tech data sheet below.

WH12X10548 Sensor Pressure

If Both test good, then the only part left that could cause this problem is the control board.

Here's the control board for your model:
WH12X10613 Board Asm Mounted

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments

• TB01-12 GE Top Load Washer Testing Procedures.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.