• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GTWN7450D0WW GE Top loader starts to spin then PAUSEs

scd401

Premium Member
Model Number
GTWN7450D0WW
Brand
GE
The machine washes fine, but when starting the spin cycle, it will begin to turn the drum for a minute or so, but stops and PAUSE is displayed. If I press the Start, it does it again. Even if I remove all the clothes, it will do the same thing. I found "motor reset" instructions online (unplug for 1 minute, plug back in then open and close the lid 6 times), and sometimes this works, most times not. I also ran a cleaning cycle.

scd401

Premium Member
There aren't any LEDs on the motor. I did find the service paper inside the machine. It has instructions on how to run the diagnostics, there were not any stored fault codes. All the tests ran fine, so I did a "Clear EEPROM" command and the machine ran fine for a couple of loads. Then it started the PAUSE during spin cycle again. Clear EEPROM, do a couple loads, clear EEPROM, do a couple loads...........Wife is getting really annoyed. The washer is only 2.5 years old and I see that a new control board is almost $400. Time to "chat" with GE.

mikiemc

Premium Member
There aren't any LEDs on the motor. I did find the service paper inside the machine. It has instructions on how to run the diagnostics, there were not any stored fault codes. All the tests ran fine, so I did a "Clear EEPROM" command and the machine ran fine for a couple of loads. Then it started the PAUSE during spin cycle again. Clear EEPROM, do a couple loads, clear EEPROM, do a couple loads...........Wife is getting really annoyed. The washer is only 2.5 years old and I see that a new control board is almost $400. Time to "chat" with GE.

How did you get into the Service mode? I have the same washer, and keep getting a "H2O Supply" error, and my mini manual for it is missing. This has happened once before, and it took a reset of the EEPROM to clear it.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I don't have the tech sheet for that particular model. This is for a similar model but should work:

Press and hold down the START button while turning the cycle knob 180* counting 8 clicks, then release the button.

The 7-segment display will show t1 (Test No.1). For machines that don’t have the 7-segment displays, status led’s will be lit for the various test functions.

Rotate the knob clockwise to various positions (detents) to perform the functional tests. Once a test number is selected, press the start button to start the test.

In test 4, press the start button to see the error code.

Press the start button again to delete the error code and see if other error codes were recorded.

To exit Field Service Mode press the power button or unplug the machine.

mikiemc

Premium Member
Thanks, just going into the Field Service mode fixed my issue. It's the washer I have at work, so having it running will make my life way easier tomorrow.

scd401

Premium Member
The pump is bad. GE Service replaced the control board, drum motor assembly, and finally I convinced them to try the pump. Been fine for almost a year.