GTWN7450D0WW Installed new Hall Sensor, now machine wont turn on?

ChristyGal12

Premium Member
Model Number
GTWN7450D0WW
Brand
GE
New to the site! Thanks for the add! I have been doing some successful appliance repairs at home lately but my washer has decided to give me fits. I was having issues with me GE GTWN5050M0WS Washing machine pausing constantly. After some online research I discovered it was likely the Hall sensor/RPS sensor. I ordered one and my husband put it in this morning but when we reassembled the machine and plugged it in it. It turned on for a split second and then no lights, the motor runs for a secomd and then nothing???? Ive tried to figure it out and Im just at a total loss. Please help!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

ChristyGal12

Premium Member
WH12X23995

Why would the drive motor cause the machine control panel to not power on or light up?

And where is the motor located to trat the lights on it? The front doesnt come off my machine, it's the front and the sides all in one piece. I'm trying to figure out how to disassemble those parts.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

ChristyGal12

Premium Member
My model number is worn off of my machine. Is there another place on the machine that has the model number?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Unfortunately not.

Sorry, I can't help you without a model number.

Jake

ChristyGal12

Premium Member
I had the wrong number I called the store where had purchased it and they gave me the model number off of my machine when I bought it it is GTWN7450DWW

ChristyGal12

Premium Member
Did I out the wrong hall sensor on it for the model so it wont turn on now? I replaced the rps sensor because the machine would pause over and over and not run. I had been reading about it online and this was the fix according to several people with the similar model.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
GTWN7450DWW does not pull up as good.

Jake

ChristyGal12

Premium Member
The guy who sold me the rps sensor said that putting in the wrong part probably fried my board and said he wouldnt be surprised if the whole thing wasnt toast now 😭 could this be true?!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Not always true.

Jake

ChristyGal12

Premium Member
Jake,

We put the original RPS sensor back in and it started! I have now ordered the correct one for my machine. Thank goodness the board is ok! Now I can catch up on laundry from the last couple of days until it arrives! 😁 thanks for your help!

Amy

ChristyGal12

Premium Member
Update

Original RPS sensor went in and the machine functioned again with the same Pause issue. I replaced the lid lock assembly to be sure that wasnt the issue, it was not. Now I have put on the correct RPS sensor and the machine is still doing the Pause immediately after the lid locks it unlocks and then pauses. Any ideas? I just want to cry at this point. :wall:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Where did you buy this machine at?

Model numbers don't usually wear off.:)

Jake

ChristyGal12

Premium Member
A local appliance dealer in the Peoria, IL called Sherman's. I called the store and they gave me the model number of the machine I purchased. I've now purchased a used control board to try because I couldnt find any lose connections :(

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Bingo! Thanks bigbuck!

GTWN7450D0WW does come up as good.:)

Read page 44 of the attachment 31-9232 that bigbuck posted where it says--->Main Control Service LED

Jake

ChristyGal12

Premium Member
Ran thru a few of these and discovered my hot and cold water are switched but my machine is blinking at the one second intervals and it shows no error codes. I cleared the codes to see if it did anything but it did not. Lid lock is working properly. It still locks, unlocks and then pauses. My start pause button is getting very sticky feeling. Is this the button going bad or the control board? Is this what's causing it? An issue with the button somehow?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

ChristyGal12

Premium Member
I had bought a used motor control board it's not here yet but Its the wrong part. Jake, at this point the machine has no error code in it, it fills and it drains but it pauses itself. I replaced the rps sensor and I replaced the lid lock assembly. At this point, do you think it's the control board??? Is that where you would go next?