• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GU2275XTVY0 Detergent dispenser opens but partially melted in bottom of tub

Roman337

Premium Member
Model Number
GU2275XTVY0
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a whirlpool GU2275XTVY0 and I am having the same exact issue also. My soap dispenser will open but there is a partially melted tablet of soap sitting at the bottom. I am definitely getting water and it appears that both upper and lower sprayers are working. I put a glass in each corner and within 3 minutes they were more than half full, 5 min and they were full. After about 15 min the dishwasher sounds like it’s operating but there is no water in it. I watched the posted video and cleaned the chopper and flapper and still have the same issue. I leaning towards a dispenser assembly but any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
After about 15 min the dishwasher sounds like it’s operating but there is no water in it.
Where does your drain hose go to?

Sounds like the water is siphoning out.

You need to make sure your dishwasher drain hose has a loop in it before it connects to the garbage disposal or under the sink plumbing, or it can cause the water in the tub to siphon out.

You can see how it has to loop in Fig 1, Fig 1a, Fig 2 here: http://www.applianceaid.com/drain_wash.html#drain

Jake

Roman337

Premium Member
My drain hose goes directly into the garbage disposal and no, it was not routed correctly. I routed it exactly like figure 3 and secured it under the sink so can't fall back down. I ran a test cycle and the same thing happened. The dishwasher fill up and runs, water gets splashed around then it drains then runs again. I hear the soap tablet drop into an empty tank. The dishwasher continues to operate completely empty.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The dishwasher fill up and runs, water gets splashed around then it drains then runs again.
So you do hear the drain motor come on and the water drains? But then you don't hear it fill back up to run the 2nd wash? But the wash motor is running with the tub void of water?

Turn the breaker off to your dishwasher and remove your main control board and see if you notice any burnt spots or burnt components on it.

Here's the control board for your model:
WPW10285180 Electronic Control Board

Jake