• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GU2275XTVY0 Whirlpool Dishwasher silent partner iii --won't power on

AlKath

Premium Member
Model Number
GU2275XTVY0
Brand
Whirlpool
evening-i have a whirlpool gold silent partner iii which won't power on. i've changed the thermal fuse twice (just the fuse, not the board connectors). each time it powers back on with no other fix/part. once it powers on i run a cycle, which then the unit powers off (won't turn back on) with the washer full of water and steamed on the inside. Ideas here? Hatch, control panel, etc.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

You must install the new wires that come with the thermal fuse kit, or it will keep going out forever.:)

Here it is for your model(Video Included in part link)
W10258275 Thermal Fuse

Jake

AlKath

Premium Member
Sorry the wires with pack were replaced. Just not any wire after the connector. Ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then the only other reason it would blow is if your heating was NOT turning off or your water coming into the machine is too hot.

Do you have the HEAT BOOST option ON? If so, turn it OFF and see if it still blows.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Or your vent is not opening up in the dry cycle.

Do you feel steam coming out your door vent in the dry cycle?

Jake

AlKath

Premium Member
need to replace the fuse and fuse wire to determine the steam level with the vent. the hot water tank should only produce water at 125 F. (I'll check this as well). I'll also ensure the "heat boost" is OFF.

If its the issue of 'heating was not turning off' what is the remedy/fix?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Either a grounded heating element, or bad control board. But check your door vent first to make sure steam is coming out of it in the dry cycle.

Make sure the heating element is not coated with a white calcium coating, also make sure the heating element is not shorted to ground.

To see if the element is grounded, Turn the breaker OFF to the dishwasher, then read between each side of the element terminals to the sheath of the element. If you don't read continuity, the element is grounded and should be replaced.

Here's the heating element for your model:
Heating Element W10518394

Here's the control board for your model:
Control Board WPW10285180

Jake