GU2300XTVQ3 Whirlpool Dishwasher Food Chopper?

Dad-O-Rama

Premium Member
Model Number
GU2300XTVQ3
Brand
Whirlpool
I replaced the food chopper assembly on my machine last February. Not all of the detergent was getting used, and the more heavily soiled dishes still had food on them. Replacing the chopper fixed that.

But since then, the problem has re-appeared twice. Both times, I took apart the chopper assembly and the screen was clogged with small debris. I just did it again, and have not run the machine yet. the last time, it ran fine, until last week.

A couple of questions:

Could it some other problem? The flapper valve maybe?

Also, it's not an easy task to get the chopper back in place and properly seated in the slot and attached to the drive mechanism. The shaft of the chopper slides up and down the shaft. It does turn fine when the shaft turns. How tight is the whole assembly supposed to be? I can't recall how it was when I got the new one. Does the chopper need to be replaced again?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

The chopper blade isn't turning with the motor impeller properly, that would indicate the motor impeller is stripped.

In that case its best to replace the complete sump assembly which includes new motor, new motor impeller, new chopper assembly, new check valve.

Here's the complete sump assembly for your model:
W10806705 PUMP&MOTOR

Or you can get the motor alone which includes the motor impeller already installed for you: WPW10757216 Asm-Motor/impeller

Jake

Dad-O-Rama

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. Just so I understand this better, is the screen getting clogged because the debris is not chopped up small enough? I'd say it's chopped up but it's pretty course, and obviously not fine enough to go through the screen.

Also, when taking out the racks and other items to access the chopper, there was a fair amount of build up from mineral deposits. Is that any harm? Any easy way to clean that up? I have municipal water, and do not need or use a water softener.

Thanks again.

Dad-Now-GrandPa-O-Rama

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Just so I understand this better, is the screen getting clogged because the debris is not chopped up small enough? I'd say it's chopped up but it's pretty course, and obviously not fine enough to go through the screen.
That's exactly correct.

there was a fair amount of build up from mineral deposits. Is that any harm? Any easy way to clean that up?
Yes, You will need to run citric acid through it to clean out the mineral deposits that can accumulate.

Its a great Dishwasher cleaner to get rid of mineral deposits in the dishwasher. I recommend it to all my customers.

You can order it here:
WD35X151 Citric Acid

Jake