FIXED GU2300XTVS1 Quiet Partner III won't start

Patriciap

Premium Member
Model Number
GU2300XTVS1
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi,

I have a Whirlpool Quiet Partner III that won't start. I get no response from the buttons. A few weeks ago I noticed that when I selected the normal cycle (the one I mostly use), the light wouldn't come on until after I pressed start. I didn't pay much attention to that since it was working fine. Now no matter which buttons I press, it's not working. I tried doing the Sani rinse, heated dry, Sani rinse, heated dry reset and saw all the lights turn on, then it made some noises while some of the lights (washing, drying, etc) turned on and off. After that all lights turned on again. Reset didn't work. It's still non-responsive.

I'm really hoping it's something I can fix myself instead of having to call a technician.

I'll appreciate any advice I can get.
Thanks,
Patricia

Dishwasher info:
Whirlpool Quiet Partner III
Model Number GU2300XTVS1
Serial Number F02816598

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Patricia,

To determine if the control board or keypad is faulty, do the following test:
Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power Open the dishwasher door. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control (at P1). Make sure all other connections are made. Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power. Wait 5 seconds. Close dishwasher door. Monitor the control’s response.

➔If the control board is OK (no longer sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace the keypad if the control board responds OK.

➔If the control board is not OK (still sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), then the drain motor will NOT respond. If drain motor does not start within 10 seconds, repeat or verify that all steps were followed, and then replace the control board.

Here's the control panel keypad assembly for your model you can order:
WPW10175347 Panel-Cntl

Jake

Patriciap

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

I followed your instructions and it looks like the problem is the keypad. I'm going to order it now.

Thanks for your help!
Patricia

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Patricia, let us know how it goes.:)

Jake

Patriciap

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

I'm sorry it took this long to post an update. I ordered the keypad on a Thursday night and got it Saturday morning. It was easy to replace and the dishwasher worked immediately. Thank you so much for your help!

Patricia

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Patricia, glad to hear the new control panel keypad assembly fixed it.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Solerious

Jake,

Will this work on all whirlpool models?

I have power running to the control board but no lights are on and will not turn on. When I plug it in, I hear a click then 5 seconds later another click. I checked the thermal fuse and the door latches for continuity and they are fine. I tried your test and the pump didn’t turn on so I’m hoping this is my issue. Could it be A bad hearing element that is causing the trip?

Thank you in advance..

M

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, not all models, what is your model number? Its located inside the door on the tub frame.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks, Yes, that's the same test for yours too, If the heating element was always on, it would trip the thermal fuse, since you said you ohm tested the thermal fuse, then that's not the cause.

Now I've seen some of these control boards have burnt components on them and that would be the case too for it doing nothing. Did you check your control board for burnt spots on it?

Here's the control board for your model:
Main Control Board WPW10084141

Jake