FIXED GU2475XTV Whirlpool Dishwasher won't start. Rinsing light on.

trout

Premium Member
Model
GU2475XTV
Brand
Whirlpool
When I press the Normal Cycle Button the Normal Cycle Button light, Rinsing indicator light, and Heated Dry Button light go on. Nothing happens when I press start. I tried the Normal / Heated Dry button thing and all of the lights come on. Sometimes I can cancel it and sometimes not.

I just tried again and after canceling it I was able to start a cycle but after I pressed normal cycle the rinsing light and start light would randomly alternate. Like some wire or sensor was making it think it was in rinsing mode and unable to start?

Any ideas what to do next?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

It sounds like a short in your keypad, seen this many times on my service calls when it has this problem.

A blinking LED over one of the keys of the keypad (or sometimes a “dead” keypad/console) indicates one or more key switch lines are stuck or shorted on the control board or the keypad.

To determine if the control board or keypad is faulty, do the following test:

Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power Open the dishwasher door. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control (at P1). Make sure all other connections are made. Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power. Wait 5 seconds. Close dishwasher door. Monitor the control’s response.

➔If the control board is OK (no longer sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace the keypad if the control board responds OK.

➔If the control board is not OK (still sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), then the drain motor will NOT respond. If drain motor does not start within 10 seconds, repeat or verify that all steps were followed, and then replace the control board.

Here's the keypad for your model below, Just choose your color.

Here's the silver keypad for your model you can order:
WPW10175241 Panel-Cntl

Here's the black keypad for your model you can order:
WPW10175239 Panel-Cntl

Let us know what you find.

Jake

trout

Premium Member
F6EC7552-A754-4C58-9195-215664F6A9AF.jpgF6EC7552-A754-4C58-9195-215664F6A9AF.jpgThanks I’ll try this. By any chance do you know how to run a diagnostics cycle and look for codes?

I don’t know if the picture attached but it looks like some burned out traces on the wires.

I do the normal /heated dry button press and it seems to run through all of the cycles for 15 min or so but I have no idea if it is displaying codes.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, your model it will not show error codes.

Yes, good photo!

That is the problem is your ribbon cable is bad, your keypad will need to be replaced, it comes with the new ribbon cable.

Jake

trout

Premium Member
Just in case there was doubt this fixed it. Anyone else have problems with these panels breaking every 2 years?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent trout, glad to hear the new keypad assembly fixed it.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake