GU2475XTVY1 Whirlpool Gold Fills then drains or just drains

NextLevel

Premium Member
Model Number
GU2475XTVY1
Brand
Whirlpool
So 2 nights ago, the cancel/drain button was flashing and the dishwasher wouldn't turn on. I flipped the breaker and played with the buttons for a few mins. I was able to hold the start button and got it started in the rinse cycle but after 30 seconds of filling, it started draining. Then It would drain for 30 secs, stop, drain for 30 secs.

I am able to press each cycle button and none of the buttons seem stuck. I also hit heat cycle, normal, heat cycle and normal. All of the lights lit up but nothing happened after closing the door. I then tried normal wash again (seemed like it was going to work) it starts filling then after 30 secs starts draining.

I'm mechanically inclined but I do not have a manual. After reading the forum, I think it needs a control board but I'm not 100% sure. I checked the float switch, not with a ohm meter, it seems like its working.

I would buy a new dishwasher but we are selling the house with appliances and the dishwasher is still in acceptable condition.(my wife is not cooking until I get it fixed or replaced:biggrin-new:

NextLevel

Premium Member
When I got home, I unplugged each sensor under the dishwasher, one at a time but this did not change anything. Some of the 2 wire sensors could be normally open and needed to be closed.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Its possibly the control board, remove the console and see if you notice any burnt spots on the control board. When you click the part link to the control board I'm posting below, you will see a video on how to access the control board, make sure you turn the breaker off to the dishwasher first.

Here's the control board for your model:
WPW10285179 Electronic Control Board

If the control board has burnt spots on it, that's the problem, you can order it here: Main Control Board WPW10285179 and save $160 dollars(you get $60 back when you return the old control board)

Jake

NextLevel

Premium Member
I do not see any burnt spots. When the dishwasher first started acting up, the only thing it would do was flash the cancel/ drain light. After flipping the breaker is when I was able to get it to partially fill and drain.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, next let's check for a short in your keypad.

A blinking LED over one of the keys of the keypad (or sometimes a “dead” keypad/console) indicates one or more key switch lines are stuck or shorted on the control board or the keypad.

To determine if the control board or keypad is faulty, do the following test:

Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power Open the dishwasher door. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control (at P1). Make sure all other connections are made. Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power. Wait 5 seconds. Close dishwasher door. Monitor the control’s response.

➔If the control board is OK (no longer sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace the keypad if the control board responds OK.

➔If the control board is not OK (still sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), then the drain motor will NOT respond. If drain motor does not start within 10 seconds, repeat or verify that all steps were followed, and then replace the control board.

Here's the keypad for your model below, Just choose your color.

Here's the silver keypad for your model you can order:
WPW10175241 Panel-Cntl

Let us know what you find.

Jake