GU3200XTXY1 Can't turn off Soak & Scour on Quiet Partner IV

kentley

Premium Member
Model Number
GU3200XTXY1
Brand
Whirlpool
Title pretty much sums it up. No matter which cycle I select Soak & Scour comes on.

Also the Drying LED, and all three LED's on the right side are illuminated when the wash cycle is running. I looked up the run time for Soak & Scour, and the manual says it's 4 Hrs. however I'm pretty sure it taking around 6.

I took this picture the other day when it was running. I selected Adaptive Wash, and turned off the Dryer.

Dishwasher.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Sounds like possibly the control board has gone haywire, but lets verify that.

To determine if the control board or keypad is faulty, do the following test:
Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power, Open the dishwasher door. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control (at P1). Make sure all other connections are made. Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power. Wait 5 seconds. Close dishwasher door. Monitor the control’s response.

➔If the control board is OK (no longer sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace the keypad if the control board responds OK.

➔If the control board is not OK (still sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), then the drain motor will NOT respond. If drain motor does not start within 10 seconds, repeat or verify that all steps were followed, and then replace the control board.

Here's the control board for your model you can order if the drain motor will NOT respond:
WPW10285180 Electronic Control Board

Here's the control panel keypad assembly for your model if the drain motor DOES respond:
WPW10290276 Panel-Cntl

Let us know what you find.

Jake

kentley

Premium Member
Just wanted to let you know I'm not ignoring your help. I found out if I just hit the Start Button, the Adaptive wash cycle starts, the Soak & Scour light blinks, and it seems to running the normal amount of time.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok kentley, but you have to do what I mentioned above to find the bad part, unless you want to order both parts, and that can get expensive my friend.

Jake