FIXED GU3600XTSY2 Quiet Partner Top Arm not turning

Salda

Premium Member
Model
GU3600XTSY2
Brand
Whirlpool
Been trying to figure out why my dishes aren't getting clean. Replaced the circulation pump and assembly (it was really noisy and the chopper was bound anyways) and the spray arm supply tube (the manifold connection flap was always wide open). It seems to be doing better, but still not getting dishes as clean as they should.

Finally, stuck a flashlight and my GoPro in there and ran the Glass Express cycle. Watched the video. The bottom spray assembly really didn't seem to spray real hard. Water trickled out of the open flap on the supply tube and the top spray arm didn't turn at all, just had suds coming out of it, even though I didn't put any detergent in there. I took the whole tube assembly out and ran water from the faucet through, everything was clear, no obstructions. Upon inspection, the Valve Init (#AP6013494 ) was split at the weld, and near as I could figure, it's leaking at this point, not building enough pressure?

However, that's a $70 part! Am I on the right track? Would some plastic weld seal it good enough?

Salda

Premium Member
Screws are not loose on the Valve Init. I'm thinking it's not the issue. Only thing I can think of is the water level is not getting up to where it should be, thus not enough water to fill the tube. I ran a cycle and opened it up midway, the float was not as high as it should be. There was water in the bottom, not much. I lifted the float and let go, it dropped and I could hear the switch.So, I filled the bottom up until the switch would be deactivated. Put the GoPro back and, started the cycle back and all arms turned and sprayed perfectly.

So, I'm thinking either the water inlet valve or float switch, or both? Anybody confirm?

Last edited:

Salda

Premium Member
Forgot to post back on this, replaced the inlet water valve and the thing cleans like new!