• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GU3600XTVY3 Whirlpool Quiet Partner V Not Completing Cycle

Bob750

Premium Member
Model Number
GU3600XTVY3
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello,

I was wondering if someone can help with my dishwasher problem. Most of the time, the dishwasher will not complete its cycle. At random points in the cycle, all of the lights will go off except for the Cancel/Drain light, the water will drain out and then all of the lights go off. When I run the diagnostics, it flashes the following codes:

8-1
1-1
9-1
3-3

If I let the diagnostics run through, the dishwasher will complete the next cycle just fine, showing the clean light at the end. After that, back to the short/canceled cycle.

I tried replacing the control board and end up with the same error codes. I don't have the tech sheet which should have been behind the lower panel so I'm flying a little blind at this point and don't know where to go from here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Bob,

I don't have the tech. data sheet either for this model, I asked our tech. bigbuck if he has it, if he has it he will post it here soon.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Bob750

Premium Member
Yes Jake, the buttons respond although I didn't thoroughly test them all.

Looking at the trouble shooting portion of the tech sheet, I see an entry for "Can start cycle but cycle does not complete." They list 3 possible error codes associated with it, 6-1, 6-2 & 8-1. I am getting the 8-1 code which is "low water/air in pump." The other two errors I am not seeing. I am also getting 9-1 which is "slow drain" and 3-3 which is "failed OWI calibration." I'm thinking these three codes + the crappy, sediment filled water I have at my house are adding up to water inlet solenoid restricting the water flow into the dishwasher. Does this make sense to you?

I took it off last night and cleaned out the screen, tried to back flush it. I verified good water flow through the line all the way to the solenoid as well. I saw a little improvement but not a whole lot. After the fill time, there is barely enough water to cover the bottom. The level is no where near the float switch.

I then ran through the service diagnostics and cleared the codes. At the end of the diagnostics cycle it showed no errors. I then ran through a speed wash cycle which it completed successfully. Then tried a normal wash cycle but that one ended prematurely where it fills for only 18 seconds for what I guess is a rinse cycle. Checked the error codes at got the familiar 8-1 "low water/air in pump."

With these errors and my known bad water I figured it had to be the water inlet solenoid so I went ahead and ordered one last night (from your link). Hopefully that is what you would conclude too and I didn't jump the gun.

What do you think?

Bob

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Bob, I agree that the problem is the water inlet valve.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
W10648041 Water Inlet Valve

Let us know how it goes after you replace it.:)

Jake

Bob750

Premium Member
Jake,

The part came in, I replaced the water inlet valve and it lets way more water into the dishwasher. I've now run it through 4 complete cycles without a hitch, it completed all of them. No error codes either so it looks like it is fixed.

Thank you for your expertise! My wife already had a new dishwasher picked out so this saves us quite a bit of money.

Bob

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Bob, glad to hear that.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake