GUD24ESSJ0WW GE Stackable Washer won't spin

JennaG

Premium Member
Model
GUD24ESSJ0WW
Brand
GE
Hi there!

I have a GE Stackable Washer/Dryer that as of yesterday worked fine. It will go through the cycles and get through rinse but then won't go to spin. The light stays on Rinse and Lid Locked turns on.

I tried the spin cycle on its own and it seems to be working but won't go through the cycling. (I can't be positive of this since, I can't see in the washer when it's happening, but I hear noise)

I cannot find the model number on the lid. On the top or on the side.

I also do a factory (?) reset and that didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Jenna

Last edited by a moderator:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Without a model number, we're dead in the water. Read it from the tag on the machine. Click here: Appliance Parts follow the link “How to find a model number”
GE Stackable- look inside the dryer on the front panel (open door).

JennaG

Premium Member
It was just stuck. I got it out. I put the new Control Board in and tried a cycle. It still didn't go to the spin cycle and then I got the rinse blinking and the lid lock stayed on. Unplugged and when I plugged it back it the error came up again. Also the New Control Board was humming...I'm pretty sure this shouldn't be happening...lol. Any ideas?

Thank you!
Jenna

JennaG

Premium Member
Hi again!

So I realized that the Rinse LED Light was blinking not solid while the LED for the Locked Lid was on. The new control board is humming but didn't fix the problem. I cycled through all of the clock using Start and FS for 3 seconds at all times and then 6 after each one to try and reset...none of it worked. Also I unplugged the washer and when I plugged it back in the error code even in the off switch. I think after a while it may switch on to wash and then turn off but I'm not positive.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Did the new control come with any instructions? I don't have any info on that particular machine. I'll go online and look for the tech sheet. If I can't find it can you post a copy of your tech sheet and wiring diagram here? Did you check the lid switch. If it turns out not to be the control you can return it for a full refund less shipping.