GUSR465EB2WW GE top bearing assembly

Sean Mac

Premium Member
Model Number
GUSR465EB2WW
Brand
GE
Hello all, new member here

I have an older GE dryer and I'm replacing the tope bearing assembly. I was sold part #WW03F00547 but it's not the same as the part I took off. The proper part I have since found online is part # WE3M20 which is discontinued and one website said that the part I was given, WW03.... was a substitute for WE3M20 and others say the new part is WE3M26. While the new part is similar to the old its not the same, there are 2 tabs that stick up past the front cover and 2 other tabs that don't allow the new part to lock on....

I live semi rural and it took 2 days for these parts to come in. If I can use the new part with some modification I will but I'm not sure what if anything I can cut off and still have the piece function properly

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Canadian part#'s will not work on most if not all USA sites.

The proper part I have since found online is part # WE3M20 which is discontinued
The manufacturer has replaced part number WE3M20 with this item, part number WE3M26.

Drum-Support-Bearing-WE3M26-01266900.jpg Dryer upper drum bearing without slides

GUSR465EB2WW
I looked up from your model#.
USA #WE3M20 Canadian # WW03F00547

While the new part is similar to the old its not the same, there are 2 tabs that stick up past the front cover and 2 other tabs that don't allow the new part to lock on....
*I* have never had to, but you could try trimming them off.

jeff.

jeff1

Staff member
I see no difference...

Drum-Support-Bearing-WE3M26-01266900.jpg Repairclinic

ge-dryer-drum-front-we3m26-ap3790641_01_m.jpg Appliance Part Pros

Do you have a picture of your old part?

Any idea what the "hooks" on the right hand side of the part you showed are for?
They hold the wires away from the drum for the drum light. If your dryer has no drum light you can just ignore them.

jeff.

jeff1

Staff member
It also looks the same style but more possibly a no-name version and not really a GE part.

jeff.

Sean Mac

Premium Member
I'ts very similar just not the same...just a few tabs different etc. I'll modify it tonight, its just a $30 part so if it doesn't work I'll get a different one

Thanks

jeff1

Staff member
Keep us posted.

jeff.

Sean Mac

Premium Member
I cut the tabs off and it works but it doesnt sit quite right. My guess us it will wear the glides prematurely so i'll run it like this but try and order the proper piece.

Thanks for your help

jeff1

Staff member
I cut the tabs off and it works but it doesnt sit quite right.
Pictures please so we can see.

jeff.