• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GW395LEPS02 Whirlpool gas oven not heating

savvyconsumer

Premium Member
Model Number
GW395LEPS02
Brand
Whirlpool
I'm a homeowner and do not have expertise in trades but have repaired many things around the house watching YouTube and resources through forums.

Our Whirlpool gas oven model GW395LEPS02 does not heat up. the gas stovetop works fine. I've used fine sandpaper to clean the 2 electrodes in the oven.
When we turn on the oven, we can hear the convection fan turn on and blow air around.
I do not smell any gas coming through and it does not appear the electrodes are giving any spark.
So, I'm guessing I need to check on the gas release valve, but not sure how to do that.

If anyone has ideas on what else to check and resources, that would be great!

thank you!

Ken

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Measure the resistance across the bake coil and the broil coil on the DSI valve
Direct Spark Gas Valve.jpg

savvyconsumer

Premium Member
thank you! might be a little technical for me but I will try to figure out how to do this. any instructions anywhere for this? seems like a pricey part to replace considering the age of our stove.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It's very easy to check. Unplug or remove power from the range when measuring resistance. Disconnect the common wire from the valve and use a meter on the lowest ohms setting to check for 216Ω
C-DSI Gas Range.jpg

When checking AC or DC voltage at the DSI board leave the connector connected and go in through the back of the connector. If you meter leads are too big, use this trick:
:
safety pin 500x250.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, Rick is correct.

Here's the DSI Spark Module Board for your model:
Spark Module WPW10331686

Watch this video to replace/access the DSI Board, but don't remove the DSI board when testing it.

Jake