• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GW395LEPS03 Whirlpool Range Control Panel Not Working

solarsurf

Premium Member
Model Number
GW395LEPS03
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool Gold range/oven, GW395LEPS03. It displayed the error code E0-F0 and the control panel was unresponsive. I reset the power to the appliance and the control panel is still completely unresponsive. Is there a way to repair this without replacing the control panel switches? If I need to replace the switches, what would be the part number?

Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't see a E0-F0 in your tech. data sheet, which I'm posting below.

Here's your touchpad assembly:
W10122295 Panl-Cntrl

Unplug or turn the breaker OFF to your range, then Unplug the ribbon cable that attaches to the control board, Then use a pencil eraser and only rubbing in the direction of the traces, use the eraser as you would erase, to clean the traces.

If after doing that it still does not work, then you will need to order the touchpad assembly(aka Panl-Cntrl) above.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - 9761386.pdf
    392 KB · Views: 28

solarsurf

Premium Member
Jake,
I did disassemble the panel in hopes of using an eraser on the ribbon cable contacts. However, the contacts are not exposed; the connector at the end of the ribbon cable obstructs access to the contacts (at least access with anything larger than a connector pin).

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The most common cause for control failure is corrosion on connectors. Did you see any corrosion on the metal pins?

Jake

solarsurf

Premium Member
While I was not able to clean the connectors with an eraser because the contacts were not accessible, I did try spray contact cleaner. It did not resolve the problem. I purchased a replacement touchpad assembly. This did resolve the problem.
Thank you for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent solarsurf, glad to hear the touchpad assembly fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake