• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GWE19JSLKFSS GE INTERNAL water dispenser not working.

coli7219

Premium Member
Model Number
GWE19JSLKFSS
Brand
GE
The internal water dispenser on my french door/freezer on bottom fridge stopped working two days ago. The ice dispenser is still pumping out cubes like a champ. When it was working, you could hear something kick on and the water would dispense when the button was pressed. Now, when the button is pressed there is nothing; no sound and no water. The fridge is less than 6 months old. Everything I am seeing is about the water line in the door freezing, but our dispenser is inside, not in the door. Is it possible for a frozen line to stop water from dispensing but still make ice? Could a filter issue stop water but still allow ice? Any advice would be appreciated! TIA

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes to both of those questions, but when you press the button you should hear the water inlet valve at least try to activate. So you may have a bad water dispenser switch.

You have a full 1 yr. warranty on it from GE, Contact GE at 1-800-432-2737 and they will send a tech out to fix it for free.

Jake

coli7219

Premium Member
FIXED. Were able to pull off the plate with the rubber button and the switch behind it worked. Could not see any problems per se. Once we put it all back together, it works fine.
Thanks for the help, hopefully we wont be back any time soon! LOL

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

LisaW

FIXED. Were able to pull off the plate with the rubber button and the switch behind it worked. Could not see any problems per se. Once we put it all back together, it works fine.
Thanks for the help, hopefully we wont be back any time soon! LOL
Hi coli7219. I just had this same model refrigerator hooked up to waterline this morning by plumber. Icemaker is starting to shoot out cubes but water dispenser wont work.. troubleshooted everything else. You fixed yours by just removing the plate and reinstalling? I'm not sure how to remove it. GE service is coming out until end of month so thought I'd ask if you had any other details that could help me. Thanks!