GX5FHDXVA01 Need Tech Sheet, not auto-defrosting on its own

B Allen

Premium Member
Model
GX5FHDXVA01
Brand
Whirlpool
I am working on a Whirlpool Refrigerator, model: GX5FHDXVA01, circa 2009. I have search the refrigerator over, and can't find the Tech Data Sheet. Does someone have W10238844 Tech Sheet or a Wiring Diagram for this model? I need something to trace down a defrost issue.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime.:)

Jake

B Allen

Premium Member
UPDATE:

Went back to Job Site today. I pull the plug connector in the Ceiling area of the refrigerator section. I measured for continuity from WHT to ORG (defrost heater) - OK. I measured continuity from ORG to BRN (Limit) - OK. I put the control into "forced defrost" and measured the Amperage draw on the Brown Wire (defrost circuit), and got 3.5 Amps. I checked the function of both light switches for refrigerator section - OK. Now, would I be correct, through process of elimination, that the No Defrost problem goes back to the PCB Board..??

As a Side Note: The Model/Serial Tag states a "code" of 12. When I entered the Service Entrance (SE) mode, I noticed the code that the PCB displayed was "14". This refrigerator is about 10 yrs old. From what I was told, I am the first Tech to service the refrigerator since new. I can not connect the dots, from the information I see, how this code got changed. I am guessing the PCB should be programed for "12".

Anything that I should check before ordering the PCB..??

BTW: Once the refrigerator is defrosted - it works fine.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Try and reprogram it and see what happens.

If the program code is 12 on the model/serial tag

Open the Fresh Food door and hold the Fresh Food door light switch closed while pushing the Freezer Temperature Down (-) Key pad 3 times consecutively.

Release the Fresh Food door light switch.

The control will display PE to confirm entry into the programming mode.

Press the Freezer Temperature Down (-) Key

Press the Freezer Temperature Up (+) key until "1" is displayed in the freezer display

Press the Refrigerator Temperature Up (+) key until "2" is displayed in the refrigerator display

Press the Freezer Temperature Down (-) key and hold it until the "1 & 2" start flashing

Close the refrigerator door.

If it still does not accept code 12, then your control board is bad, and that would solve the auto-defrost problem too.:)

Here's the JAZZ control board for your model you can order:
JAZZ Main Control Board WPW10503278

Let us know.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, keep us posted.

Jake

B Allen

Premium Member
UPDATE:

Made it back to Job Site today. I am even more confused now. When I enter the "service test" model, the 3 second display of the Software Version code is "14". If you back out and enter in the "Program Mode" , the code comes as "12", which is the same on the Model/Serial Tag.

Would I be correct in assuming, since I am seeing two different codes, the "Jazz Board" is bad...?? Or, is there something else I should be looking at..??

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, bad JAZZ board, order the JAZZ board from the link I posted to it above and you will be back in business.:)

Jake