Haier HWR06XCR-L Sludge in window ac unit

Kushinada

Premium Member
Model Number
HWR06XCR-L
Brand
Hey ya'll I need a lil help cleaning the window ac unit...if possible. It has stopped cooling the room and there is what looks like snot between the fins, I've read this is bio slime? How can I get clean it and maybe prevent it in the future? I would appreciate your advice on this matter

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Take it outside and use a garden hose and hot soapy water. Try to keep the water off the electronics and wire connections the best you can. This next step is the most important. Let it dry completely. Usually a day in the sun will do it but according to the news that might be a few more days in your area. If you don't have any sunshine use a hair dryer to dry it. Make sure there is no moisture anywhere inside the unit and I can't stress that point enough. The control panel, under covers, between the coils, on the wires, inside the blower motor, absolutely no moisture anywhere.

Kushinada

Premium Member
Ok thanks Rick, and yeah it's rather wet here still unfortunately. Is there anything I can do from inside without removing the unit? The fins are directly behind the filter and easy to get to from the front. Its a Haier HWR06XCR-L

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The best you can do from the front is clean the front of the evaporator. You'll need to remove it and then remove the cover. You also want to clean the condensor coils and the inside base plate. Be super careful not to bend any of the fins on the evaporator or condensor.