• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Haier portable air conditioner CPN12XC9 removing front panel

panelpan

Model Number
CPN12XC9
I'm looking to replace the power cord for a Haier CPN12XC9 portable air conditioner (it's an old model). To do so I have to remove the front and rear panels. The rear panel came off without issue after removing all the screws, but the front panel appears somehow stuck at the top, even after removing all the screws attaching it to the main body. I don't see any other point of attachment, but the panel will not release from the top. Does anyone know if there might be a trick or something I'm missing with removing the front panel? I feel like it might have to do with the swinging vent at the top but I can't figure it out.

I've contacted Haier (they have no repair manual or exploded part view), researched videos and forums, but no one has been able to address the issue. Multiple users have had the same question as me years ago, but no answers were ever posted. Even contacting electricians or other HVAC workers hasn't helped as no one works with portable AC units. So any advice would be helpful!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
If you want to take a few pics and post them here I’ll see what I can do.