• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Haier QFW150SSN0WW winterizing front load washer

dtiernan

Premium Member
Model Number
Haier QFW150SSN0
Good morning,

I have a problem, I am trying to solve and need to be creative to solve. I have a Haier washer and dryer stacked on each other at my cottage and need to winterize the front load washer. Per Haier you have to do the typical procedure, disconnect hoses, empty drain value in front. But the last step, I cannot do, due to the units are stacked and i do not have the luxury of unstacking to lift the washer 4-6" to drain the remaining water from the tub, due to the space where they are located. Also, Haier does not recommend tilting both units backwards to drain the front loader nor add RV anti-freeze fluid to the washer tub.

I have taken additional steps, by turning off the house water, turned on the washer to drain the water from the water line. Then selected the drain / spin option to drain water from the washer tub. This step does not completely remove the water in the tub, and this is what I still need to do.

With that said, I am reaching out for any creative ideas in how to remove the remaining water that is in the tub, so it does not freeze and ruin the machine.

Would appreciate any ideas / suggestions to solve this problem.

thanks,
Dan

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
When water turns to ice it expands. I've seen it crack pumps and fill valves. As long as the water has the room to expand there's not a problem. A small amount of water left in the tub won't hurt anything. If you want to lean the machine forwards or back, that won't hurt anything either. If you disconnect all the hoses, you're covered.

dtiernan

Premium Member
thanks for the update - but the problem is I do not know how much water is still in the machine - hence the need for creativity to drain the water since I cannot tilt the stacked units. any suggestions?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
the problem is I do not know how much water is still in the machine -
It doesn't matter. Whatever is in there is OK. You don't need to drain every drop. The purpose of winterizing is to keep water from freezing and causing damage. The damage is caused by water when it freezes because it expands. Any water left in the tub might freeze but it has plenty of room to expand and that doesn't do any damage.