Hard time getting parts

Johnic

Premium Member
Is anyone else have difficulty finding parts? I use three sources to locate the cheapest price and I’m running across a lot of “out of stock” findings. I use sears, Marcone and amazon, what is everyone else using?
Thanks in advance,
Johnny C

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nope Johnny. Just 1 part I'm waiting for is a Samsung Ice Maker.

We only recommend ordering parts from AppliancePartsPros and RepairClinic. That's where I get all my parts from when I run my local service calls.:)

Jake

Johnic

Premium Member
I’m picking up what you’re laying down but both their prices are higher than my normal sources. I’m trying to keep costs down while providing a quality affordable service. I will take this into consideration and adjust accordingly. Thanks for helping. 🙏✌🏼

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Well its better to charge the customer the OEM retail price you pay for the part, then just reduce your labor cost if you want to keep your prices down.

In my 33 years as a career appliance tech there is no way on earth I would ever buy any appliance part on amazon. LOL

So many folks here since we started our site here in 2004 have come and said the cheap parts on amazon are worthless and either don't work or won't make it past a year of working.

Jake

Jhsat

Premium Member
First off, thanks Jake!
While searching the site/blog you have been there to help a lot of the threads I’ve read.

I need to replace the clutch on my cabrio washer. Can’t find a supplier with the clutch in stock. Can’t wait 3 weeks, have wife.
any suggestion, WTW8040DW0?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

You have no choose but to wait 3 weeks, sorry we are still in a pandemic unfortunately.

Here's the clutch(shifter coil) assembly for this model:
W10754448 Clutch

If your wife really needs a washer now, there are plenty of good used washers at reputable used appliance stores that you can buy as a spare backup washer till the clutch comes in-stock again.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime!

I know I sound Blount when I say that, but that's the honest truth, I wouldn't lie to you.:)

Jake