• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED HBL8650UC/10 Bosch double oven display keeps resetting

CaRedsFan

Premium Member
Model Number
HBL8650UC/10
Brand
Bosch
Our Bosch double oven display board keeps resetting and at first it would only happen once in a while but now it is happening all the time and it’s won’t let us cook. I’ve noticed that it also happens when you touch the “info” button. I have shut off the breaker for 30 mins in hopes it would reset the whole unit, but that only lasted a few hours. Anyone else have this problem? Thank you

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Try disconnecting and the reconnecting the connectors on the main board on top. Check the pins in the connectors are not backing out of the connectors. If there's a ribbon or keytail, disconnect it and reseat it. The main board has been discontinued.

CaRedsFan

Premium Member
Try disconnecting and the reconnecting the connectors on the main board on top. Check the pins in the connectors are not backing out of the connectors. If there's a ribbon or keytail, disconnect it and reseat it. The main board has been discontinued.
Thanks for the info, is it difficult to access the main board?

rickgburton

Staff member
You need to slide the oven out about 6" or so you can remove the top panel. From there you can access it.

rickgburton

Staff member
30x28.jpg
(y)

joe-r

Premium Member
Hello, I have a Bosch HBL8750UC/09 with the same problem. As Rick suggested, I disconnected and reconnected the connectors on the main board, and it fixed the problem for about 18 hours, but then went back into an infinite reboot loop (goes from setup screen, to a screen with a block cursor in the top left, and then back to the setup screen). I tried a second time, and it fixed it again for a day, but it was back to the reboot loop in the morning. I don't see any pins that are backing out of their connectors, but I might be missing one. Any advice on a specific area to check? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• tempImageck3b8K.png
    tempImageck3b8K.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 47

joe-r

Premium Member
Rick, thanks for your response! I don't see any burned wires, but some are a bit dusty. So far, I've removed/replaced the connectors on the right side of the board (with the yellow wires) and the connectors along the top of the board with the thicker wires. I also disconnected/reconnected the locking connectors on the left of the photo. Is there anything else that you recommend? Thanks again. Joe

rickgburton

Staff member

JamesMcD

Premium Member
Hi folks. I also have a HBL8750UC/09 the same as Joe-R with exactly the same symptoms he described. Oven is no longer functional because of looping between info screen and upper left icon. The part number for the control panel referenced says not compatible.
I have a friend who lives quite a way from me who sent me the repair manual. A couple of quick questions.
1. Joe did you get yours fixed?
2. Does both the oven and microwave have to be slid out together? Being an old boy isn’t fun.

rickgburton

Staff member
It should tell you in the service manual. The microwave probably comes out. Unfortunately I don't have any service info for that model.

JamesMcD

Premium Member
Hello, I have a Bosch HBL8750UC/09 with the same problem. As Rick suggested, I disconnected and reconnected the connectors on the main board, and it fixed the problem for about 18 hours, but then went back into an infinite reboot loop (goes from setup screen, to a screen with a block cursor in the top left, and then back to the setup screen). I tried a second time, and it fixed it again for a day, but it was back to the reboot loop in the morning. I don't see any pins that are backing out of their connectors, but I might be missing one. Any advice on a specific area to check? Thanks in advance!
Hi Joe. I posted on the exact same model. Did you get yours fixed. I can’t see how to get the UI out. I took out the two T20 screws on either side and am supposed to lift up and out but I can’t budge it.

joe-r

Premium Member
Hi James, mine is not fixed. I have a repair appointment with Bosch scheduled for Thursday (1/28). I built a platform using 2x6 boards on their ends sandwiched between two 25" square pieces of thick plywood, and pulled out the entire unit. From there, you can take out the torx screws attaching the microwave, and the metal microwave platform piece. This provides easy access to the metal panel covering the control board. I can send photos if it's not clear how it comes apart.

JamesMcD

Premium Member
Wow Joe. Seems complicated. In the repair manual my friend sent me they make it sound much easier. I could probably send it to you if you would like. There is a note in this manual that says 75% of all control boards returned to them are still good. They say to check every wire