• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

HBL8650UC/11 Bosch oven not maintaining proper temperature

VRepair

Model Number
HBL8650UC/11
Brand
Bosch
Hi, I have a Bosch double oven which can not keep temperature correctly. Both ovens stopped maintaining proper temperature - sometimes it goes up to the set temperature, but then it does not maintain it. Also, sometimes they work fine and sometimes they do not. I am guessing it is either the control board or somehow both temperature sensor have failed, although I think it is the control board. Wanted to see what suggestions you have. Also, I wanted to see where is the control board located in the oven? Thanks

Bosch double oven. Model: HBL8650UC/11

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Jeff, Rick, and Dan, and myself have very little experience on Bosch Ovens, and this is way above my payscale on yours.

Hopefully another seasoned Bosch tech will see this thread and shed some light on this for you.

Jake

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
sometimes it goes up to the set temperature, but then it does not maintain it

I am not familiar with the functioning of Bosch models but on many other ovens both bake and broil elements heat during the initial preheat. After that mostly just the bake element cycles on and off to maintain the temp. If the bake element failed to heat at those times, it might cause your symptom.

LINK > Bosch HBL8650UC/11 Bake Element

(There's a separate one in each oven.)

I am guessing it is either the control board

There is a control board and also a relay board. I don't know where they're actually located but they're shown with the door latching mechanism in the parts list (see the following link).

LINK > Bosch HBL8650UC/11 Controls - exploded parts view

I think it fairly unlikely either the control or relay board would cause the exact same symptoms in both ovens *at the same time* (if that is what is actually happening). Normally each oven operates totally independently.

I don't know how you'd determine the problem on your model but you can try looking through the service manual at the following link for diagnostic tips. You might want to confirm the problem symptoms first?

LINK > Bosch HBL8650UC Service Manual

Dan O.

Last edited:
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.