HE2 Plus 110.47532601 F-28

figurelli

Premium Member
Model
Brand
Sears Kenmore
My Kenmore HE2 Plus is currently not working properly. I've taken it apart and done the diagnostics and everything. The front ground switch was broken, so I just cut it and grounded it directly. That doesn't seem to have solved anything, though. When the diag runs, the drum turns at a couple of points for maybe 5 seconds. It never runs the full 30 seconds that the manual says it should and it definitely doesn't spin up to full spin speed. Would "clearing the codes" help? Is that even possible to do? At this point, my thoughts are that the MCU has kicked the bucket, but I want to get a solid opinion from someone with some actual knowledge before I bite the bullet and order a costly MCU.

Thanks, guys!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Thanks for the tech. data sheet bigbuck!

Unplug the washer and remove the MCU and look for any burnt spots on it, if so its definitely bad.

If no burnt spots on it, continue below.:)

->Remove the wiring harness from the motor and verify 6 ohms between pins 1-2, 2-3, 1-3. Also verify 120 ohms between pins 4-5.

->If thats good,

->Start a normal wash cycle and check voltage at the MCU, Pink wires you should have 120 volts, on the smaller blue wires you should have 5 volts DC.

->If the motor ohms good and the voltages are correct then the problem lies in your MCU.

Here's the MCU for your model:
Motor Control Unit(MCU) WPW10163007

Jake

figurelli

Premium Member
Here is your tech sheet.
Thanks! I used the one in the washer to get through the diag and figure out the general idea of the issue.

This is exactly the kind of info I needed to proceed. Thank you. I'll try to go through these things this evening and see how it goes.

I appreciate the help, guys!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, let us know how it goes.:)

Jake