Help Identifying a South Bend Range

wmick

Premium Member
Hi Folks
Just found this site.... and hoping someone here might be able to assist me...
I have a vintage South Bend gas range.... 4 open burners on left, a hot-plate griddle on right, Oven and warming rack underneath...
Awesome unit, and used regularely, but it needs a little attention.
Hoping to do some service and restoration to it.... But I am unable to find any model, serial number information....
I would love to find a manual, parts list, etc.
Searched the Web for similar photos or documentation .... with no luck.....
I have emailed the tech dept at Southbend... with no reply yet.

If someone here might be able to direct me to some information that might help identify this unit or product family, it would be very much appreciated....

PS - I also have a 1955 Servel gas refrigerator, used regularly.... and found a good resource for parts, info and advice for servicing these old Servel units... which I will share if someone is interested...

Thanks
Wayne

Attachments

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I doubt the current Southbend commercial range manufacturer will have anything to do with those antique domestic ranges. I really doubt you'll find many (if any!) 'off the shelf' parts available for it.

Anything defective or deficient will probably need to be restored, repaired or rebuilt. You can find a few such restoration services at the following link:

LINK > Appliance411: Appliance Links: Restoration

Dan O.

Last edited:

wmick

Premium Member
So - Kudos to the Parts guy at Southbend…(y) He actually spent some time to help me out... Not recognizing the unit, he searched through some old docs and all he could find was the attached. (which is pretty neat)… A vintage sales brochure. Looks like I have a "Luncheonette Model 50" ….
I do know that this range came from a Canadian-Pacific Railway-Car. (A maintenance crew kitchen).... No idea on the Yr of Mfg. yet.. The parts guy thought the 50s... I'm thinking it may be a little newer than that.

I will love to find some more info or pictures of the unit.... but I don't have my hopes up.... Understandably, the vintage, commercial stuff is far less collectable and interesting than the domestic.

If anyone has any leads or suggestions, I will appreciate it..

Thanks
Wayne

Attachments