• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

HELP! Kenmore Eilte 795.77579600 Ice and Water Not Working

Alex Kennedy

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello, I replace the ice maker but still no power. The water does not work as well. Usually I hear a click when I activate the water dispenser but it does not occur. The switches on the doors seem to work as the lights go on and off in the fridge when I push them. The display on the door works as well. What do I need to replace?

I already replaced the ice maker thinking that was the problem.

wildimaginations

Appliance Tech
Make sure that you have water coming from the source. Someone may have inadvertently shut off the water supply.

Alex Kennedy

Premium Member
Make sure that you have water coming from the source. Someone may have inadvertently shut off the water supply.

Hello, I do not think it is the water because I do not get the power light on the ice maker and when I try to use the water I do not hear the "click" to engage the ice or water. However, the display on the fridge works.

Any other suggestions?

wildimaginations

Appliance Tech
Since you don't hear a clicking sound when calling for water or ice, check the dispenser switch inside the dispenser. Remove the funnel by pulling it straight down with a firm tug. Then you will need to pop open the frame assembly to get into the dispenser switch. There should be 2 pry holes at the bottom of the frame assembly. Use a screwdriver to pry open the frame and remove it to access into the dispenser switch. Let us know what you find.