• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Help needed: troubleshooting circulation noise

tshort

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDS01FLBL3
Brand
KitchenAid
Kitchenaid dishwasher has been working fine - and continues to work and clean dishes. It recently started making a loud, continuous squealing noise during operation. Based on various repair videos the likely culprits are:
- circulation pump
- circulation motor
- impeller

Before I pull the thing apart and start ordering parts, would be great if there was a way to diagnose this problem more precisely, so I could be a bit more certain I'm replacing the right thing.

Anyone have any ideas about ways I can test these components to isolate the source of the noise? Thanks.

Tom

tshort

Premium Member
OK - I think I'm getting closer. We took the sump apart and cleaned debris out from there, and around the chopper blades (thanks for the info in this thread: FIXED Dishwasher just got loud, working normally).

Tested with Rinse Only cycle, still getting loud, continuous whining noise. Appears to be circulation pump/motor. Found two related parts/assemblies that may address this:

- one is the whole pump assembly, including motor: Circulation Pump W10239405 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

- the other is just the motor: Circulation Pump Motor W10239404 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Any thoughts on which one I should go with? Thanks!

tshort

Premium Member
I think I figured it out. First I pulled apart the drain sump and cleared out the debris in there. Then I tested by running a rinse-only cycle to see if the noise was still there - it was. Pulling the lower kick plate and insulation board off gave me a clear view of the whole circulator pump assembly. I put my hand on it and could feel the vibration that was consistent with the squealing/whining noise it was making.

Figured it was the circulation pump motor going out, per some other posts about this. Ordered up a replacement part - should be good to go.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good.:)

Jake